Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 07:30:33 -0500

179 
ATHW40 PHFO 181230
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1230 UTC MON OCT 18 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1200 UTC OCTOBER 18 2010

HIGH PRESSURE CENTERED FAR NE OF THE ISLANDS NEAR 35N 145W HAS A 
RIDGE THAT EXTENDS WSW OUT OF THE CENTER OF THE LOW. THE RIDGE SPANS 
FROM 30N 150W ACROSS TO 25N 170W. LOW CLOUDS SOUTH OF THE RIDGE ARE 
MOVING EAST AT 10 TO 20 MPH...WHILE NORTH OF THE RIDGE LOW CLOUDS 
ARE MOVING NW AT 5 TO 10 MPH. LOW CLOUDS ARE MOSTLY SCATTERED ACROSS 
THE TROPICAL AND SUBTROPICAL CENTRAL PACIFIC WITH A FEW PATCHES OF 
BROKEN CLOUDS MIXED IN. 

AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH STRETCHES FROM 30N 150W TO THE SOUTHWEST OVER 
20N AND THE DATELINE. THE LOW IS ENHANCING SOME LOW LEVEL CLOUD 
GROWTH NEAR 30N 155W AND ALSO NEAR 21N 172W WHERE ISOLATED TOWERING 
CUMULUS CAN BE SEEN ON IR SATELLITE IMAGERY. 

THE SUBTROPICAL JET IS PRODUCING LAYERED MID AND UPPER LEVEL CLOUDS 
FROM THE DATELINE TO 167W BETWEEN LATITUDES 8N AND 20N. THE JET 
SNAKES ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC BETWEEN 10N AND 20N AND IS 
PROVIDING UPPER LEVEL SUPPORT FOR ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS TO FORM 
NEAR 15N 148W. 

OVER THE ISLANDS...WINDWARD COASTS AND SLOPES HAVE PARTLY TO MOSTLY 
CLOUDY SKIES WHILE LEEWARD LOCATIONS ARE MOSTLY CLEAR. SOME WISPS OF 
CIRRUS ARE MOVING FROM WEST TO EAST ABOVE THE STATE NEAR 30 THOUSAND 
FEET. SATELLITE AND RADAR SHOW A FEW PATCHES OF SHOWERS...ONE 
LOCATED 50 MILES SOUTH OF KAUAI...AND ANOTHER 75 MILES NORTH OF 
MAUI. BOTH ARE MOVING ABOUT 12 MPH TOWARD THE EAST. THE REST OF THE 
COASTAL WATER AREA IS PARTLY CLOUDY WITH ISOLATED SHOWERS MOVING 
ALONG WITH THE MODERATE TRADE WIND FLOW. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.