Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:21:21 -0500

560 
FZPN01 KWBC 181621
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC MON OCT 18 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 18 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 19 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 54N159W 978 MB MOVING E 10 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 540 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 20 TO 32 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
780 NM SW SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 
FT...EXCEPT 10 TO 18 FT N OF THE ALEUTIANS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N153W 991 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 600 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N152W 997 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS LESS THAN 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 58N145W 976 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER 
WATERS WITHIN 420 NM E AND SE AND 540 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 54N153W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW WELL NW OF AREA 54N151E 985 MB MOVING NE 25 KT. FROM 42N TO 
54N W OF 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 57N166E 984 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 56N174E TO 52N179E TO 41N174E. FROM 49N TO 54N W OF 170E 
AND WITHIN 120 NM NE OF FRONT N OF 54N WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 
14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT AND FROM 45N TO 
56N W OF 180W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 57N166E 986 MB. FROM 42N TO 54N 
W OF 178W AND FROM 57N TO 61N W OF 176W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
12 TO 21 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 56N172W 987 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW TO 50N164W TO 38N175W. WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT AND 240 NM E 
AND SE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 52N131W TO 46N138W TO 40N149W  
AREA OF SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 50N132W TO 
45N139W TO 39N145W AREA OF SW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 52N132W TO 
48N136W TO 42N139W AREA OF SW TO S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
16 FT.

.FROM 32N TO 37N BETWEEN 157W AND 172E AREA OF NE TO E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 142W AND 178W WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 40N139W 1005 MB. FROM 30N TO 42N 
BETWEEN 135W AND 148W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.

.FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W TO 128W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF 
N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 180 NM E OF 
A LINE FROM 54N132W TO 49N135W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 41N TO 50N W 
OF 168E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG WITHIN 180 NM E OF A LINE FROM 
43N178E TO 52N180W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED.  

.HIGH 35N134W 1027 MB MOVING SW 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N136W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 41N179W 1031 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N170W 1029 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N160W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 32N164E 1022 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC MON OCT 18.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC TUE OCT 19.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED OCT 20.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 18N W OF 131W E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NE 
SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 14N TO 18N W OF 136W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NE SWELL.
.36 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC MON OCT 18...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 07N94W TO 
10N120W TO 09N128W TO 10N134W. ISOLATED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF 
AXIS FROM 94W TO 100W.  

$$
.FORECASTER AL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.