Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 11:45:10 -0500

909 
FZPN40 PHFO 181645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC MON OCT 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 20 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.WEAK LOW 11N169E 1011MB MOVING MOVING NNW 10 KT.  ISOLATED STRONG 
TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT AND ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM S SEMICIRCLE.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 15N168E 1010MB.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 240 
NM NE QUADRANT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 18N163E 1008MB.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 300 
NM N AND NE QUADRANTS.  SEAS 8 TO 11 FT SAME AREA.

.18 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N160W TO 28N165W TO 30N174W.  SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT N OF FRONT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N157W TO 27N164W TO 30N176W.  WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT E OF 167W.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF FRONT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N144W TO 26N150W TO 24N169W TO 
30N176W.  WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.  SEAS 12 TO 14 FT N OF 
A LINE FROM 30N148W TO 26N157W TO 26N164W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT 
ELSEWHERE N OF THE FRONT.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 25N162W TO 29N155W NEARLY STATIONARY.

.RIDGE FROM 30N159W TO 26N167W MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 20N173W 16N161W 
07N178E 17N167E 20173W...AND BETWEEN 10N AND 13N W OF 163W.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 07N164W TO 10N176E.  SCATTERED STRONG TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ BETWEEN 166W AND 170W.

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.