Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 16:53:28 -0500

830 
FZPN01 KWBC 182153
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC MON OCT 18 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 18 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 19 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 20. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 54N157W 980 MB MOVING E 10 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 660 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 780 NM S AND SW SEMICIRCLES WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 14 TO 
24 FT...EXCEPT 8 TO 18 FT N OF THE ALEUTIANS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N152W 994 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 720 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N152W 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 59N145W 980 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. OVER WATERS WITHIN 180 NM 
NE AND 480 NM SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
21 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 55N152W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW WELL NW OF AREA 54N153E 985 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 42N TO 
55N W OF 173E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 57N167E 982 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND 
FROM 57N176E TO 54N177W TO 47N176W TO 40N176E. FROM 48N TO 54N W 
OF 173E WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM E OF FRONT AND FROM 44N TO 56N W OF 176W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N170E 990 MB. FROM 42N TO 54N W OF 171W 
AND FROM 57N TO 62N W OF 174W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 
FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.FROM 32N TO 37N BETWEEN 155W AND 178E AREA OF NE TO E WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 37N145W 1011 MB. FROM 30N TO 39N 
BETWEEN 142W AND 160W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N136W 1006 MB. FROM 30N TO 44N BETWEEN 
135W AND 142W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N165W 983 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 50N158W TO 43N162W TO 38N171W. WITHIN 540 NM S QUADRANT AND 
240 NM E AND SE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 51N130W TO 46N138W TO 40N147W 
AREA OF SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 48N136W TO 
44N139W TO 39N143W AREA OF SW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 53N132W TO 
47N134W AREA OF SW TO S WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT.  

.FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF N WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 33N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF 
N WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 120 NM E OF 
A LINE FROM 53N131W TO 50N132W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 42N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 171E AND 164E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 33N135W 1028 MB MOVING S 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N135W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 40N177W 1032 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N169W 1027 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N158W 1023 MB. 

.HIGH 31N165E 1022 MB MOVING E 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N168E 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC MON OCT 18.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC TUE OCT 19.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED OCT 20.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 128W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 13N TO 22N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.N OF 28N BETWEEN 121W AND 128W N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N W OF 135W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC MON OCT 18...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N85W TO 09N110W TO 
08N120W TO 09N130W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE NEAR 9N123W. 

$$
.FORECASTER CAB. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.