Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 17:45:12 -0500

117 
FZPN40 PHFO 182245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC MON OCT 18 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 18 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 19 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 20 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 12N167E 1010 MB MOVING N SLOWLY. SCATTERED TSTMS WITHIN 480 NM 
NE...SE...AND S QUADRANTS.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 15N165E 1008 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 18N158W 1008 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N158W TO 28N167W TO 30N174W. N OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N151W TO 26N157W TO 26N166W TO 30N174W. N 
OF THE FRONT W OF 168W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 29N140W TO 25N151W TO 25N164W TO 27N172W. N 
OF THE FRONT...AND WITHIN 240 NM S OF THE FRONT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.RIDGE 30N142W TO 27N155W TO 25N169W MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.EXCEPT WHERE MENTIONED ABOVE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED TSTMS FROM 07N TO 12N W OF 163E.

.ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 13N162W TO 14N155W TO 
17N149W TO 12N140W. TSTMS STRONGEST NEAR 17N149W.

.ITCZ 08N174E TO 06N163W TO 08N140W. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
480 NM N OF THE ITCZ W OF 162W. ISOLATED TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 120 
NM OF THE ITCZ. 

$$

.FORECASTER DEJESUS. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.