Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 22:55:21 -0500

526 
FZPN01 KWBC 190355
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC TUE OCT 19 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 19 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 20 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW WELL NW OF AREA 55N154E 989 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 720 NM E AND 1020 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 58N166E 983 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 900 NM SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 24 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 51N171E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N172E 990 MB. WITHIN 660 NM S AND 720 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N155W 984 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. WITHIN 660 NM NE...540 NM 
SE...900 NM SW...AND 480 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
13 TO 27 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N151W 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 180 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
44N TO 49N BETWEEN 147W AND 162W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 14 TO 18 
FT WITH W TO NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 58N152W 995 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 38N149W 1013 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FROM 31N TO 37N BETWEEN 
152W AND 178E AREA OF NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. .24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N143W 1009 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 30N150W. WITHIN 180 NM E AND 240 NM W OF FRONT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N140W 1009 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 30N147W. WITHIN 240 NM E AND 300 NM W OF FRONT WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N134W 1007 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 37N136W TO 30N140W. WITHIN 120 NM OF FRONT WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 56N178W 992 MB. WITHIN 660 NM SE AND 
960 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN CENTER NEAR 55N168W 984 
MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW TO 48N153W TO 36N170W. WITHIN 900 
NM SE AND 720 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM E OF 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT...HIGHEST IN SW 
QUADRANT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 31N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 129W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.WITHIN 180 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 47N136W TO 41N145W AREA OF SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 47N136W 1011 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM LOW CENTER TO 40N139W AREA OF SW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 15 FT WITH NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 44N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 179E AND 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 33N135W 1026 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N134W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 41N177W 1031 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N166W 1026 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N156W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC TUE OCT 19.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC WED OCT 20.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU OCT 21.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 22N W OF 126W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN 
NE SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 12N TO 22N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.N OF 28N BETWEEN 120W AND 128W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.42 HOUR FORECAST N OF 28N W OF 135W S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC TUE OCT 19...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 10N86W TO 10N100W TO 
09N120W TO 09N130W TO 10N140W. NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION. 

$$
.FORECASTER CAB. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.