Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2010 23:45:14 -0500

674 
FZPN40 PHFO 190445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC TUE OCT 19 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 19 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 20 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 21 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 12N166E 1010 MB MOVING NNW 10 KT. SCATTERED TSTMS WITHIN 480 
NM NE...540 NM SE...AND WITHIN 420 NM SW QUADRANTS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 15N165E 1008 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 18N158W 1008 MB. WITHIN 540 NM NE 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.06 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N159W TO 28N166W TO 30N174W. N OF THE 
FRONT WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N151W TO 26N157W TO 26N166W TO 30N174W. N 
OF THE FRONT W OF 168W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 29N140W TO 25N151W TO 25N164W TO 27N172W. N 
OF THE FRONT...AND WITHIN 240 NM S OF THE FRONT SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.TROUGH 10N142W TO 15N141W MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED TSTMS WITHIN 
180 NM OF THE TROUGH.

.RIDGE 30N142W TO 27N155W TO 25N169W MOVING SE SLOWLY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.EXCEPT WHERE MENTIONED ABOVE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED STRONG TSTMS IN AN AREA BOUNDED BY 20N150W TO 13N160W TO 
10N155W TO 18N143W. AREA OF TSTMS MOVING W AROUND 10 KT. 

.ITCZ 08N174W TO 07N172W TO 08N153W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED TSTMS 
WITHIN 420 NM N OF THE ITCZ W OF 178W...AND WITHIN 180 NM OF THE 
ITCZ BETWEEN 169W AND 160W. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 300 NM N OF THE 
ITCZ BETWEEN 178W AND 169W...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM OF THE 
ITCZ. 

$$

.FORECASTER DEJESUS. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.