Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 01:00:07 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 190600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/190600Z-200600ZOCT2010//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/190151ZOCT2010//
AMPN/REF A IS A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 190000Z, TYPHOON 15W (MEGI) WAS LOCATED NEAR 16.3N
119.0E, APPROXIMATELY 455 NM SOUTHEAST OF HONG KONG CHINA, AND HAD
TRACKED WESTWARD AT 07 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 90 KNOTS GUSTING TO 110
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN31 PGTW 190300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) AN AREA OF CONVECTION HAS PERSISTED NEAR 8.1N 152.0E,
APPROXIMATELY 163 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF YAP. ANIMATED WATER VAPOR
IMAGERY SHOWS THE SYSTEM IS APPROXIMATELY 7 DEGREES SOUTH OF A TUTT
CELL THAT IS BEGINNING TO ENHANCE POLEWARD OUTFLOW. CONVECTIVE
ACTIVITY ASSOCIATED WITH THE SYSTEM IS STILL SHALLOW AND
DISORGANIZED. ANIMATED MULTISPECTRAL IMAGERY SHOWS AN APPARENT BUT
BROAD MID-LEVEL CIRCULATION. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS ARE
ESTIMATED AT 10 TO 15 KNOTS AND MINIMUM SEA LEVEL PRESSURE IS
ESTIMATED TO BE NEAR 1009 MB. THE POTENTIAL FOR THE DEVELOPMENT OF A
SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL CYCLONE WITHIN THE NEXT 24 HOURS IS POOR.
      (2) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.