Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 04:59:41 -0500

646 
FZPN01 KWBC 190959
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC TUE OCT 19 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 19 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 20 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW WELL NW OF AREA 57N162E 985 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 1080 NM SE AND 660 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 
30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 58N166E 982 MB. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 840 NM S QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 
FT. ELSEWHERE NEW LOW 55N172W 990 MB. WITHIN 960 NM S QUADRANT 
OF NEW LOW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N172W 983 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 53N152W TO 46N150W TO 35N169W. WITHIN 240 NM NE...780 
NM SE...1080 NM SW...AND 360 NM NW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 180 NM 
 NE AND E OF FRONT N OF 45N AND 180 NM E AND SE OF FRONT S OF 
45N WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N153W 988 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 960 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N151W 997 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT WITH W TO SW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 38N147W 1012 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FROM 30N TO 35N BETWEEN 
152W AND 179E AREA OF NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 
FT. .24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N142W 1007 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 30N145W. WITHIN 180 NM E AND 240 NM W OF FRONT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N135W 1003 MB. FROM 33N TO 48N BETWEEN 
131W AND 139W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 50N132W TO 42N143W AREA OF SW 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 9 TO 12 FT WITH W TO NW SWELL. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 47N134W 1010 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A 
FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 51N131W TO LOW CENTER TO 43N138W AREA OF S 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 11 TO 15 FT WITH NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND. ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 44N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 178W AND 175E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 33N135W 1026 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N134W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 39N172W 1032 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N163W 1025 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N153W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC TUE OCT 19.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC WED OCT 20.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU OCT 21.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 15N W OF 132W  E TO SE WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.N OF 23N E OF 120W  NW TO N WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.36 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT W OF AREA.  N OF 28N W OF 135W
S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N137W TO 28N140W  N OF 28N 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT  SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT.  
W OF FRONT  NW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT. 

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC TUE OCT 19...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N83W TO 07N106W TO 
10N120W TO 09N130W TO 09N140W.  NO SIGNIFICANT CONVECTION. 

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.