Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 05:40:17 -0500

726 
FZPN40 PHFO 191040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC TUE OCT 19 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 19 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 20 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 21 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 12N166E 1010 MB MOVING NNW SLOWLY. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 150 NM NE QUADRANT AND WITHIN 240 NM SE QUADRANTS. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 14N163E 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA 17N159W 1008 MB. WINDS WEAKENED TO 
20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT 30N159W TO 28N165W TO 29N168W MOVING SE 10 KT. N OF THE FRONT 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N147W TO 27N152W TO 25N166W. WITHIN 180 NM 
N OF FRONT E OF 157W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. N OF FRONT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 28N140W TO 24N150W TO 26N161W. WINDS 
WEAKENED TO 20 KT OR LESS. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF LINE 24N140W TO 
19N150W TO 20N168W TO 30N164W.

.TROUGH 13N144W TO 16N142W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED TSTMS BETWEEN 
TROUGH AND 149W.

.RIDGE 30N145W TO 25N161W MOVING SE 10 KT.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.EXCEPT WHERE MENTIONED ABOVE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED TSTMS IN AN AREA FROM 12N TO 18N BETWEEN 177E AND 166E 
WITH SCATTERED STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF POINT 14N172E. ISOLATED 
TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 14N150W TO 14N154W. ALSO WITHIN 30 N OF 
POINT 13N159W. 

.ITCZ 10N175E TO 08N179W TO 09N160W TO 10N145W. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.