Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:48:10 -0500

233 
FZPN01 KWBC 191548
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC TUE OCT 19 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 19 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 20 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW NW OF AREA 57N167E 983 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 57N175E TO 50N180W TO 40N173E. FROM 47N TO 54N W OF 170E 
WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 24 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E 
OF FRONT AND FROM 45N TO 56N W OF 179E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 57N167E 985 MB. FROM 43N TO 54N 
W OF 176W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ALSO WITHIN 180 
NM NE OF A LINE FROM 59N178E TO 54N169W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 
TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 55N172W 
DESCRIBED BELOW.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 37N146W 1012 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
30N156W. WITHIN 180 NM EITHER SIDE OF FRONT AND FROM 30N TO 34N 
BETWEEN 156W AND 179W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N139W 1005 MB. FROM 30N TO 43N BETWEEN 
136W AND 145W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N133W 1000 MB. FROM 34N TO 50N BETWEEN 
130W AND 138W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 54N169W 987 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW TO 50N163W TO 44N167W TO 39N174W. WITHIN 600 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS AND 240 NM E AND SE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N172W 979 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 56N160W TO 52N150W TO 43N151W. FROM 43N TO 53N W OF 155W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM NE 
AND E OF FRONT AND FROM 55N TO 62N W OF 168W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 54N153W 991 MB MOVING NE 05 KT. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 840 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 23 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N151W 996 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 50N131W TO 45N139W TO 37N146W 
AREA OF SW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 49N133W 1008 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A 
FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 52N131W TO LOW CENTER TO 44N137W AREA OF S 
TO SW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 39N156W 1007 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 43N TO 52N 
BETWEEN 176W AND 178E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 32N136W 1025 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 38N170W 1029 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 35N160W 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N149W 1021 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC TUE OCT 19.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC WED OCT 20.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU OCT 21.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 12N TO 18N W OF 133W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.N OF 28N BETWEEN 120W AND 127W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.30 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT W OF AREA. N OF 28N W OF 135W S TO 
SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N135W TO 27N140W. N OF 28N WITHIN 
120 NM E OF FRONT SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. W OF FRONT NW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT.

.48 HOUR FORECAST S OF 05N BETWEEN 95W AND 118W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC TUE OCT 19...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 08N82W TO 07N98W TO 
09N119W TO 09N130W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 75 NM N 
OF AXIS BETWEEN 122W AND 135W.

$$
.FORECASTER MUNDELL. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.