Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 11:45:28 -0500

122 
FZPN40 PHFO 191645
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC TUE OCT 19 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 19 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 20 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 21 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 13N165E 1011 MB MOVING NNW SLOWLY. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
WITHIN 60 NM NE SEMICIRCLE AND WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 14N169E TO 
12N169E TO 08N167E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 16N162E 1010 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA. WINDS WEAKENED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT 30N157W TO 26N169W MOVING SE 10 KT. WITHIN NEXT 6 HOURS N OF 
THE FRONT WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 30N145W TO 26N151W TO 25N166W. WITHIN 180 NM 
N OF FRONT E OF 154W WINDS 20 TO 25 KT. N OF FRONT SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT 27N140W TO 24N152W TO 26N161W. WINDS 
WEAKENED TO 20 KT OR LESS. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF LINE 24N140W TO 
19N150W TO 20N168W TO 30N164W.

.STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N175W TO 29N165W 

.TROUGH 13N146W TO 17N144W MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED TSTMS FROM 14N 
TO 18N BETWEEN 144W AND 148W.

.RIDGE 30N144W TO 25N160W MOVING SE 10 KT.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.EXCEPT WHERE MENTIONED ABOVE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.SCATTERED TSTMS IN AN AREA FROM 12N TO 20N BETWEEN 177E AND 167E. 
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 14N150W TO 14N160W. ALSO WITHIN 
30 N OF LINE 17N152W TO 25N147W.

.ITCZ 09N175E TO 08N179W TO 09N160W TO 10N145W. ISOLATED STRONG 
TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 146W AND 156W. ISOLATED TSTMS 
WITHIN 120 NM OF THE ITCZ W OF 156W.  

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.