Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 16:43:57 -0500

730 
FZPN01 KWBC 192143
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC TUE OCT 19 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 19 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 20 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 21. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 57N168E 980 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FRONT EXTENDS 
FROM 58N177E TO 53N176W TO 46N177W TO 39N176E. FROM 47N TO 53N W 
OF 173E WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 16 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
240 NM E OF FRONT AND FROM 44N TO 56N W OF 176W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW NW OF AREA 56N167E 989 MB. FROM 42N TO 53N 
W OF 176W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. ALSO FROM 58N TO 
61N W OF 174W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 55N170W 
DESCRIBED BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 37N144W 1012 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
30N154W. WITHIN 180 NM EITHER SIDE OF FRONT AND FROM 30N TO 33N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 175W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N136W 1005 MB. FROM 31N TO 45N BETWEEN 
133W AND 142W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N132W 1000 MB. FROM 38N TO 51N BETWEEN 
127W AND 136W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N168W 982 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 53N160W TO 47N159W TO 38N171W. WITHIN 600 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS AND 240 NM E AND SE OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N170W 975 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
57N154W TO 51N146W. WITHIN 240 NM SE SEMICIRCLE...600 NM NW 
QUADRANT...240 NM E OF FRONT...AND FROM 42N TO 51N W OF 156W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 40N151W 1001 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 55N152W 995 MB MOVING N 05 KT. WITHIN 360 NM E AND SE AND 
720 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 12 TO 20 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N152W 996 MB. WITHIN 180 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.FROM 32N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 128W AREA OF N TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 50N131W TO 45N138W TO 37N144W 
AREA OF SW WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 50N132W 1008 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N164E 1006 MB. FROM 32N TO 38N W OF 172E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 44N TO 51N 
BETWEEN 172W AND 177W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVED. 

.HIGH 31N135W 1024 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 37N169W 1027 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 34N157W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N138W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC TUE OCT 19.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC WED OCT 20.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU OCT 21.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.N OF 28N BETWEEN 121W AND 127W NW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.18 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT W OF AREA. N OF 28N W OF 137W S 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT JUST NW OF AREA. N OF 28N W OF 137W
S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 30N132W TO 27N136W
...THEN WEAKENING STATIONARY TO 26N140W. N OF 28N WITHIN 120 NM 
E OF FRONT SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. W OF 
FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW TO N SWELL...
HIGHEST N OF 29N.

.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 79W AND 95W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 93W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC TUE OCT 19...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS 09N84W TO 08N90W TO 
08N100W TO 06N111W TO 09N126W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 129W AND 132W AND WITHIN 30 NM OF 
AXIS BETWEEN 126W AND 128W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.