Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 17:45:10 -0500

907 
FZPN40 PHFO 192245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC TUE OCT 19 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 19 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 20 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 21 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 14N165E 1009 MB MOVING NW SLOWLY. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT WITHIN 120 NM E SEMICIRCLE. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
90 NM NE QUADRANT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS FROM 05N TO 18N BETWEEN 
165E AND 177E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 16N161E 1007 MB. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT WITHIN 300 NM NE QUADRANT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED W OF AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR 
LESS. SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS. 

.FRONT FROM 30N155W TO 25N170W MOVING E 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N 
OF 28N BETWEEN FRONT AND 166W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N143W TO 27N148W TO 25N167W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 28N157W. 

.FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 27N170W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH FROM 18N147W TO 12N148W MOVING W 10 KT. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E OF TROUGH.

.RIDGE FROM 29N140W TO 26N151W MOVING SE 10 KT.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N153W TO 26N166W TO 30N178E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 27N140W TO 
23N150W TO 22N171W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 17N E OF 160W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 10N173W TO 13N165W. 

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N148W TO 07N160W TO 06N172W TO 08N175E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 163W. 
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ W OF 163W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.