Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 22:58:23 -0500

415 
FZPN01 KWBC 200358
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC WED OCT 20 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 20 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 21 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 22. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 58N168E 981 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 540 NM E...1380 NM SE...AND 840 NM S QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 51N170E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N171E 991 MB. WITHIN 900 NM SE AND 660 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BELOW 
WITH LOW 54N166W.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 37N143W 1011 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 30N149W. WITHIN 240 NM EITHER SIDE OF FRONT WINDS 20 
TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N141W 1009 MB. FROM 33N TO 41N BETWEEN 
138W AND 145W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N135W 1003 MB. FROM 32N TO 46N BETWEEN 
132W AND 139W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N133W 994 MB. FROM 42N TO 50N E OF 137W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 55N166W 982 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
LOW CENTER TO 53N156W TO 49N154W TO 36N167W. FROM 45N TO 53N 
BETWEEN 156W AND 177W...AND WITHIN 180 NM E AND SE OF FRONT S OF 
53N WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N166W 971 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 780 NM NE...840 NM SE...1380 NM SW...AND 540 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 21 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
52N165W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N148W 997 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 
720 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N175E 1005 MB. FROM 31N TO 37N W OF 176W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 55N152W 995 MB MOVING N 05 KT. WITHIN 360 NM NE...300 NM 
SE...AND 660 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
18 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 44N137W 1012 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM 52N128W TO LOW CENTER TO 37N143W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 44N TO 50N 
BETWEEN 169W AND 173W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.HIGH 31N134W 1022 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.HIGH 37N165W 1026 MB MOVING SE 25 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N155W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N137W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC WED OCT 20.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC THU OCT 21.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI OCT 22.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.12 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.N OF 28N BETWEEN 121W AND 127W NW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT 
IN NW SWELL.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT W OF AREA. N OF 28N W OF 137W S 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT JUST NW OF AREA. N OF 28N W OF 137W
S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 30N132W TO 27N136W 
THEN WEAKENING STATIONARY TO 26N140W. N OF 28N WITHIN 120 NM E 
OF FRONT SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. W OF FRONT 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN NW TO N 
SWELL...HIGHEST N OF 29N.

.30 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 79W AND 95W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 93W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC WED OCT 20...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 08N90W TO 
08N100W TO 06N112W TO 09N126W TO 09N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE S 
WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS FROM 127W TO 129W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.