Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 2010 23:45:10 -0500

728 
FZPN40 PHFO 200445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC WED OCT 20 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 20 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 21 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 22 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 14N164E 1009 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT WITHIN 300 NM NE SEMICIRCLE. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 
180 NM E SEMICIRCLE. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE FROM 08N TO 
18N BETWEEN 163E AND 177E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED W OF AREA NEAR 17N159E 1009 MB. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITHIN 480 NM NE QUADRANT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. SEAS DIMINISHED 
TO 8 FT OR LESS. 

.FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 27N155W TO 24N167W MOVING E 10 KT. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN THE FRONT AND 166W. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 
60 NM E OF FRONT N OF 27N. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N140W TO 27N146W TO 26N158W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 26N147W. 

.FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 28N167W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH FROM 20N149W TO 13N150W MOVING W 10 KT. ISOLATED MODERATE 
TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM OF TROUGH.

.HIGH 28N176E 1021 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 28N172W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 27N178W 1019 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 25N177W 1018 MB. 

.RIDGE FROM 28N140W TO 23N148W MOVING SE 10 KT.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N152W TO 26N166W TO 30N178E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 28N140W TO 
23N151W TO 22N171W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF 16N E OF 159W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF A LINE FROM 10N174W TO 14N159W. 

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 11N149W TO 06N171W TO 09N173E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ E OF 165W...AND W OF 
179W. ELSEWHERE ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.