Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 04:57:18 -0500

620 
FZPN01 KWBC 200957
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC WED OCT 20 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 20 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 21 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 22. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 57N168E 983 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 840 NM SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 23 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 51N172E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED BELOW 
WITH LOW 55N170W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N171W 988 MB DRIFTING NE. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW CENTER 
TO 47N167W TO 39N176W. WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 480 NM SW 
QUADRANTS...AND ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N170W 981 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 55N154W TO 49N150W TO 42N155W TO 36N163W. OVER 
FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 300 NM NE...600 NM SE...1260 NM SW...AND 
420 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE WITHIN 240 NM E AND SE OF FRONT S OF 55N WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N168W 972 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 180 NM NE...900 NM SE...1320 NM SW...AND 480 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 39N141W 1009 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 32N TO 42N BETWEEN 
139W AND 146W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N135W 1000 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE...600 NM 
SE...240 NM SW...AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N130W 994 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE...360 NM 
SE...AND 300 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 19 
FT...HIGHEST S OF CENTER. 

...GALE WARNING...
.36 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N150W 1004 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 
720 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N144W 993 MB. FROM 35N TO 44N BETWEEN 
137W AND 148W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N166E 1005 MB. FROM 32N TO 38N W OF 172E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N177W 998 MB. FROM 30N TO 37N W OF 171W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 55N151W 997 MB MOVING N 05 KT. WITHIN 360 NM NE AND 480 NM 
SE AND S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 50N132W 1011 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM 52N130W TO LOW CENTER TO 43N138W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 
9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.HIGH 35N163W 1025 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 33N148W 1022 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 31N136W 1022 MB. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC WED OCT 20.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC THU OCT 21.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI OCT 22.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 130W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.06 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. 

.12 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT W OF AREA.  N OF 28N W OF 137W 
SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  COLD FRONT 30N137W TO 28N140W.  WITHIN 120 NM 
E OF FRONT  S TO SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  
W OF FRONT  NW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 30N130W TO 28N135W 
THEN STATIONARY TO 27N140W.  N OF 27N WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT  
SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.  W OF FRONT  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.30 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 79W AND 95W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 93W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC WED OCT 20...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N82W TO 08N105W TO 
06N120W TO 10N140W.  SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM OF AXIS W 
OF 138W.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.