Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 05:40:12 -0500

493 
FZPN40 PHFO 201040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC WED OCT 20 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 20 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 21 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 22 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 15N163E 1007 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT WITHIN 300 NM N QUADRANT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 300 
NM ME QUADRANT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED W OF AREA NEAR 18N158E 1007 MB. WINDS 20 
TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 10 FT OVER FORECAST AREA FROM 18N TO 23N W OF 
164E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. SEAS DIMINISHED 
TO 8 FT OR LESS. 

.FRONT FROM 30N150W TO 27N155W TO 24N167W MOVING E 15 KT. FOR NEXT 
12 HOURS WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF FRONT E OF 158W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 27N147W TO 27N155W. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 26N146W. 

.WEAK STATIONARY FRONT FROM 30N171W TO 28N167W. 

.TROUGH FROM 22N149W TO 16N151W MOVING NE 10 KT AND WEAKENING. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM E OF TROUGH N OF 19N...ALSO 
WITHIN 30 NM OF LINE 13N149W TO 16N148W.

.HIGH 28N179W 1019 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 29N173W 
AND TO 29N173E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 27N140W TO 24N148W MOVING SE 10 KT.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N144W TO 25N165W TO 30N177E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N140W TO 
20N150W TO 20N166W TO 30N166W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 14N E OF 150W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 10N178W TO 10N168W. ALSO 
WITHIN 30 N OF POINT 14N158W AND POINT 12N165E. 

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 121N148W. ALSO ITCZ FROM 12N157W TO 08N174W TO 
08N180E TO 10N172E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ.  

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.