Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 09:50:53 -0500

504 
ATPQ40 PGUM 201450
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 AM CHST THU OCT 21 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

A SURFACE TROUGH EXTENDS SOUTHWESTWARD FROM A DEVELOPING TROPICAL 
DISTURBANCE NORTHEAST OF SAIPAN CENTERED NEAR 16N146E...TO END AT 
6N135E. NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND 
PRIMARILY SOUTHWEST OF THE DISTURBANCE OVER THE CNMI BETWEEN 16N AND 
13N FROM 143E TO 147E. SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE LOCATED NEAR THE TROUGH 
AXIS SOUTHEAST OF KOROR BETWEEN 8N AND 5N FROM 134E TO 139E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS ARE ALSO FOUND WEST OF CHUUK WITHIN 80 MILES OF A 
LINE FROM 7N147E TO 11N151E.

A TROPICAL DISTURBANCE IS CENTERED SOUTHWEST OF WAKE ISLAND AT 
16N160E. AN UPPER-LEVEL LOW IS CENTERED JUST SOUTH OF THE LOW-LEVEL 
CIRCULATION AT 14N160E. THESE FEATURES ARE COMBINING TO PRODUCE 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS OVER WAKE ISLAND BETWEEN 
23N AND 15N FROM 158E TO 168E AND WITHIN 100 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
11N162E TO 15N165E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS JUST EAST OF MAJURO BETWEEN 11N AND 5N FROM 171E TO 
THE DATE LINE.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.