Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 10:52:04 -0500

596 
FZPN01 KWBC 201551
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC WED OCT 20 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 20 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 21 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 22. 

.WARNINGS. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW NW OF AREA 57N167E 988 MB MOVING S 10 KT. FROM 44N TO 53N W 
OF 176W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ALSO FROM 57N TO 
61N W OF 174W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
55N168W BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 55N171W 986 MB MOVING E 05 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
50N162W TO 43N166W TO 38N173W. WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT AND 240 
NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N168W 979 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
57N156W TO 50N150W TO 41N152W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 300 NM 
NE...600 NM SE...1260 NM SW...AND 480 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N168W 972 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 300 NM 
NE...540 NM SE...1260 NM SW...AND 600 NM NW QUADRANTS...AND 180 
NM E OF A LINE FROM 56N155W TO 42N157W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT.  

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 41N138W 1006 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. FROM 31N TO 44N BETWEEN 
136W AND 144W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N133W 998 MB. FROM 36N TO 50N BETWEEN 
128W AND 137W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N131W 996 MB. OVER WATERS FROM 46N TO 
52N BETWEEN 125W AND 134W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 38N157W 1006 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N139W 991 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE AND 180 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 34N TO 46N BETWEEN 132W AND 144W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N165E 1005 MB. FROM 32N TO 38N W OF 170E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N171W 994 MB. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
160W AND 171E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 56N152W 997 MB MOVING N 05 KT. WITHIN 180 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 50N132W 1009 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM 52N130W TO LOW TO 43N137W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 37N W OF 171E AREA OF NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.HIGH 34N160W 1023 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 32N145W 1021 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC WED OCT 20.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC THU OCT 21.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI OCT 22.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.12 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT W OF AREA. N OF 29N W OF 138W SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST COLD FRONT 30N134W TO 27N140W. WITHIN 120 NM E 
OF FRONT S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. W OF 
FRONT NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 11 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT 30N130W TO 28N133W. NW OF 
LINE FROM 30N117W TO 16N130W TO 13N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 06N BETWEEN 80W AND 90W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 06N BETWEEN 90W AND 
120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 07N E OF 100W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 08N W OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC WED OCT 20...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N90W TO 08N119W TO 
10N129W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE E OF LINE FROM 03N78W TO 
08N83W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG IS FROM 09N TO 11N W 
OF 130W.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.