Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:40:13 -0500

449 
FZPN40 PHFO 201640
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC WED OCT 20 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 20 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 21 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 22 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW 15N162E 1008 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT WITHIN 300 NM N QUADRANT. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 
NM NE QUADRANT AND WITHIN 30 NM OF POINT 13N164E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED W OF AREA NEAR 19N157E 1007 MB. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS.

.FRONT FROM 30N142W TO 28N148W CONTINUING AS WEAKENING STATIONARY 
FRONT TO 24N164W TO 30N172W. COLD FRONT MOVING E 15 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 27N147W TO 27N155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH FROM 22N150W TO 16N150W MOVING NE 10 KT AND WEAKENING. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 60 NM OF TROUGH N OF 19N...ALSO 
WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 13N149W TO 16N147W.

.HIGH 28N179W 1019 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 29N173W 
AND TO 29N173E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED.

.RIDGE FROM 27N140W TO 24N147W MOVING SE 10 KT.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 9 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N144W TO 25N165W TO 30N177E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 9 TO 12 FT N OF A LINE FROM 24N140W TO 
20N150W TO 20N166W TO 30N166W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 14N E OF 150W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM OF A LINE FROM 11N176W TO 14N161W. ALSO 
WITHIN 60 NM OF LINE 18N168E TO 21N165E TO 21N162E.

.ITCZ FROM 10N140W TO 11N146W. ALSO ITCZ FROM 12N157W TO 08N174W TO 
08N180E TO 10N172E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ.  

$$
.FORECASTER JHOAG. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.