Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 13:37:05 -0500

078 
ATHW40 PHFO 201836
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC WED OCT 20 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC OCTOBER 20 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY SHOWS AN UPPER LEVEL TROUGH OVER THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS MORNING...WHICH HELPED TO SPARK SOME 
THUNDERSTORMS TO THE EAST AND SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND. DURING THE 
PRE-DAWN HOURS. THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE TO BE FOUND AT THE SOUTHERN 
END OF THE TROUGH AND IN THE ITCZ CENTERED AROUND 10N. THE MOST 
ACTIVE AREA OF THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND ALONG A LINE FROM 10N 132W TO 
10N 145W WITH CLOUD TOPS REACHING NEAR 55 THOUSAND FEET. 

LOW CLOUDS UPSTREAM OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS ARE MOVING IN FROM 
THE EAST BETWEEN 10 AND 15 MPH. MOST LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND UPSTREAM 
OF OAHU TO THE BIG ISLAND...THAN UPSTREAM OF KAUAI AND THE KAUAI 
CHANNEL. LOW CLOUDS ARE CONCENTRATED OVER THE EAST SIDES OF THE 
ISLANDS AT 8 AM.

ON KAUAI...A FEW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE EASTERN THIRD OF THE 
ISLAND...WITH SKIES VIRTUALLY CLOUD FREE OVER NIIHAU. ON OAHU...LOW 
CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE AND OVER THE ADJACENT COAST. 
LOW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE HALAWA VALLEY ON EASTERN 
MOLOKAI...WITH ADDITIONAL CLOUDS FOUND OVER THE WESTERN PORTION OF 
THE ISLAND AS WELL. ON LANAI...CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE NORTH 
FACING SLOPES. ON MAUI...CLOUDS COVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE 
WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS...AND ARE FOUND ALONG THE NORTH THROUGH EAST 
FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA FROM KANAHA BEACH PARK TO HANA TO 
KIPAHULU.

ON THE BIG ISLAND...CLOUDS ARE THICKEST OF THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF 
THE KOHALA MOUNTAINS FROM HAWI TO PAAUILO. ADDITIONAL CLOUDS ARE 
FOUND OVER THE LOWER SLOPES FROM LAUPAHOEHOE TO CAPE KUMUKAHI AND 
INLAND IN THE PUNA DISTRICT TO THE MOUNTAIN VIEW AREA.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.