Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 16:40:14 -0500

814 
FZPN01 KWBC 202140
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC WED OCT 20 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 20 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 21 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 22. 

.WARNINGS.

...STORM WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 40N152W 1004 MB. WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM 44N148W TO LOW TO 35N163W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N138W 982 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 14 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
34N TO 48N BETWEEN 129W AND 144W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW NW OF AREA 56N167E 988 MB MOVING S 10 KT. FROM 43N TO 52N W 
OF 172W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. ALSO FROM 57N TO 
61N W OF 174W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
54N170W BELOW. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N170W 983 MB NEARLY STATIONARY. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW TO 
52N160W TO 44N161W TO 37N169W. WITHIN 600 NM S QUADRANT AND 240 
NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N170W 974 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
57N155W TO 52N147W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 480 NM N AND NW...600 NM 
SE...AND 1260 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 
FT. ALSO WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N168W 972 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 300 NM 
NE...420 NM SE...1200 NM SW...AND 600 NM NW QUADRANTS...AND 180 
NM E OF A LINE FROM 56N156W TO 42N154W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 42N137W 1004 MB MOVING NE 15 KT. FROM 31N TO 45N BETWEEN 
134W AND 141W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N132W 998 MB. FROM 38N TO 50N BETWEEN 
126W AND 136W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N131W 997 MB. OVER WATERS FROM 47N TO 
53N BETWEEN 125W AND 132W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N164E 1004 MB. FROM 32N TO 38N W OF 170E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N166W 987 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM LOW TO 34N178W WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 40N BETWEEN 156W AND 175E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 57N152W 997 MB MOVING N 05 KT. WITHIN 180 NM E SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.LOW 51N132W 1006 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 120 NM NE AND 180 
NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW INLAND WITH CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 36N W OF 172E AREA OF NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

.HIGH 32N156W 1023 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 30N144W 1023 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC WED OCT 20.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC THU OCT 21.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI OCT 22.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT JUST ENTERING THE FAR NW CORNER OF AREA. N OF 29N W 
OF 137W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 30N132W TO 27N135W
THEN DISSIPATING STATIONARY TO 24N140W. N OF 29N WITHIN 120 NM 
E OF FRONT S TO SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL.
W OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL...
HIGHEST FAR NW.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONTAL TROUGH FROM 30N128W TO
25N136W. W OF AREA BOUNDED FROM 30N118W TO 15N124W TO 15N140W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW TO N SWELL...HIGHEST
N OF 29N.

.FROM 10N TO 16N W OF 128W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 17N W OF 134W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT EXCEPT TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL NW PART.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 15N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 07N E OF 100W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT. S OF 08N BETWEEN 100W AND 111W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 101W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT. S OF 08N BETWEEN 101W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2100 UTC WED OCT 20...
.SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 30 NM OF 07N79W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N85W TO 08N95W TO 
08N119W TO 10N129W TO 10N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED 
STRONG WITHIN 60 NM S OF AXIS W OF 130W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.