Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 17:45:06 -0500

447 
FZPN40 PHFO 202245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC WED OCT 20 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 20 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 21 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 22 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW W OF AREA NEAR 17N159E 1007 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT AND SEAS 8 TO 9 FT WITHIN 450 NM NE QUADRANT. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS BETWEEN 13N AND 19N W OF 167E. ISOLATED TSTMS BETWEEN 19N AND 
23N W OF 167E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 18N AND 24N W OF 164E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS. 

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 30N141W TO 27N146W TO 24N165W TO 28N170W. 
FRONT MOVING E 10 KT E OF 147W...NEARLY STATIONARY ELSEWHERE. 
ISOLATED TSTMS N OF 24N E OF 144W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 26N140W TO 24N145W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH FROM 21N150W TO 15N151W MOVING W 10 KT AND WEAKENING. 
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E OF TROUGH.

.HIGH 27N177W 1019 MB MOVING S SLOWLY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 30N171W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 26N177W 1018 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N143W TO 24N164W TO 30N179E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 20N E OF 168W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 9 FT N OF 14N E OF 153W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N149W AND FROM 12N157W TO 08N173W TO 
09N172E. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 149W. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ W OF 157W.

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.