Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 19:36:09 -0500

899 
ATHW40 PHFO 210036
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC THU OCT 21 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC OCTOBER 21 2010

THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH REMAINS NEAR THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS THIS 
AFTERNOON...AND HAS SPARKED SOME HEAVIER SHOWERS OVER MAUI AND THE 
BIG ISLAND OVER THE LAST COUPLE OF HOURS. 

JUST A FEW CLOUDS ARE FOUND UPSTREAM OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS 
THIS AFTERNOON...BUT THE PLENTY OF CLOUDS AROUND OVER THE ISLANDS 
THEMSELVES. THE HEAVIEST CONCENTRATION OF CLOUDS IF FOUND OVER THE 
BIG ISLAND. ON THE BIG ISLAND...LOW CLOUDS COVER MOST OF THE 
ISLAND...INCLUDING PORTIONS OF THE SUMMITS. THE CLOUDS OVER AND EAST 
OF THE KOHALA MOUNTAINS HAVE TOPS REACHING NEAR 37000 FEET. ANOTHER 
TOWERING CUMULUS IS NOTED OVER THE EASTERN PART OF THE KAU DISTRICT.

ON MAUI...CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST 
MAUI MOUNTAINS...BUT MORE CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE HALEAKALA 
SLOPES. JUST A FEW CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER KAHOOLAWE AND LANAI THIS 
AFTERNOON. ON MOLOKAI...CLOUDS HAVE THINNED OVER HALAWA VALLEY SINCE 
DAYBREAK...BUT HAVE INCREASED OVER OTHER PORTIONS OF THE ISLAND.

CLOUDS REMAIN OVER THE KOOLAU AND ADJACENT COAST ON OAHU. OVER THE 
LAST COUPLE OF HOURS...ADDITIONAL CLOUDS FORMED OVER THE CENTRAL 
VALLEY...AND OVER THE WAIANAE RANGE. HEADING FURTHER TO THE 
NORTHWEST...THE KAUAI CHANNEL AND THE WATERS UPSTREAM OF KAUAI SHOW 
VIRTUALLY NO CLOUDS. SCATTERED CLOUDS ARE FOUND OVER THE MOUNTAINS 
AND THE WEST SIDE OF KAUAI...AND OVER THE SOUTHERN HALF OF NIIHAU.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.