Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 22:40:57 -0500

088 
FZPN01 KWBC 210340
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC THU OCT 21 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 21 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 22 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 23. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 42N148W 992 MB. WITHIN 420 NM SE AND 
660 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT.
.30 HOUR FORECAST LOW 43N145W 985 MB. WITHIN 120 NM E...360 NM 
SE...180 NM SW...AND 120 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N134W 982 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 16 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 360 NM 
NE...600 NM SE...420 NM SW...AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 22 FT...HIGHEST IN SW QUADRANT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N170E 1004 MB. FROM 31N TO 38N W OF 179E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N161W 982 MB. WITHIN 240 NM E OF A FRONT 
TO EXTEND FROM LOW CENTER TO 35N169W WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 
TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 240 NM NE...480 
NM SE...AND 1140 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 
FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 44N135W 1002 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. FROM 34N TO 47N BETWEEN 
133W AND 139W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N131W 999 MB. FROM 40N TO 51N E OF 135W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N136W 994 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N170W 984 MB DRIFTING S. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW CENTER TO 
54N163W TO 50N155W TO 42N158W TO 36N171W. WITHIN 120 NM N...720 
NM SE...AND 660 NM SW QUADRANTS...AND WITHIN 240 NM NE AND E OF 
FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N170W 974 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
55N156W TO 39N166W. OVER WATERS WITHIN 480 NM N...180 NM E...660 
NM S...AND 1020 NM W QUADRANTS...WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT...AND 
N OF 57N BETWEEN 144W AND 153W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 
FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N170W 973 MB. OVER WATERS WITHIN 240 NM 
NE...300 NM SE...1080 NM SW...AND 480 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 21 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 31N TO 33N W OF 171E AREA OF NE TO E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 13 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW NW OF AREA 55N168E 992 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. OVER FORECAST 
WATERS WITHIN 1020 NM SE AND 780 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
54N170W IN WARNINGS SECTION ABOVE. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 37N TO 40N 
BETWEEN 153W AND 163W.

.HIGH 33N154W 1022 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC THU OCT 21.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC FRI OCT 22.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 23.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N137W T0 26N140W MOVING E AT 20 KT. N OF 29N 
WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT SW 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 30N130W TO 27N136W
THEN DISSIPATING STATIONARY TO 24N140W. N OF 29N WITHIN 90 NM E 
OF FRONT S TO SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. W OF 
FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 10 TO 11 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONTAL TROUGH FROM 30N124W TO 
25N136W. N OF 15N W OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT 
IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 10N TO 16N W OF 128W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN
8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 17N W OF 131W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT EXCEPT TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL NW PART.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 15N W OF 125W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 
KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 02N TO 08N BETWEEN 80W AND 94W S TO SW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS
TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 07N E OF 100W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT. S OF 08N BETWEEN 100W AND 111W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N E OF 100W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 9 FT. S OF 08N BETWEEN 100W AND 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF THE COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA
N OF 25N NW TO N WIND TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC THU OCT 21...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N85W TO 08N95W TO 
08N110W TO 10N120W TO 10N130W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 60 NM OF THE AXIS BETWEEN 131W AND 134W...AND 30 NM OF
THE AXIS W OF 135W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.