Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2010 23:45:13 -0500

771 
FZPN40 PHFO 210445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC THU OCT 21 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 21 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 22 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 23 2010.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW W OF AREA NEAR 18N159E 1007 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT AND SEAS 8 TO 10 FT WITHIN 450 NM NE QUADRANT. SCATTERED MODERATE 
TSTMS BETWEEN 14N AND 20N W OF 167E. ISOLATED TSTMS BETWEEN 20N AND 
24N W OF 167E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW W OF AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT BETWEEN 20N AND 24N W OF 163E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS. 

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 27N140W TO 24N143W MOVING E 10 KT. ISOLATED 
TSTMS WITHIN 30 NM E OF FRONT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT MOVED E OF AREA. 

.DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 29N145W TO 26N153W TO 26N160W TO 25N165W TO 
28N169W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. 

.TROUGH FROM 21N150W TO 15N151W MOVING W 10 KT AND WEAKENING. 
ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM E OF TROUGH.

.HIGH 26N177W 1019 MB MOVING SE SLOWLY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 30N166W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 25N174W 1018 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 27N140W TO 22N162W TO 24N172W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 11 FT N OF A LINE FROM 18N140W TO 
16N149W TO 21N159W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 169E AND 169W. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT BETWEEN 10N AND 20N E OF 152W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 08N149W AND FROM 10N158W TO 10N166W TO 08N179W 
TO 09N171E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM OF ITCZ W OF 
158W. ISOLATED TSTMS WITHIN 120 NM OF ITCZ E OF 149W. 

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.