Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 04:41:44 -0500

531 
FZPN01 KWBC 210941
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC THU OCT 21 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 21 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 22 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 23. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 44N144W 988 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 
180 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 14 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 34N TO 45N BETWEEN 136W AND 149W WINDS 25 TO 40 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N133W 986 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE...480 NM 
SE...AND 360 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 29 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 43N133W. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 45N134W 1001 MB MOVING N 10 KT AND TURNING NW AFTER 24 
HOURS. FROM 35N TO 49N BETWEEN 130W AND 138W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 11 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N133W 997 MB. FROM 43N TO 53N E OF 135W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N140W 994 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N171W 979 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 55N158W TO 51N151W TO 44N154W TO 36N165W. WITHIN 600 
NM SE...1260 NM SW...AND 420 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF FRONT WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N170W 974 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM 
56N155W TO 42N159W. WITHIN 480 NM SE...1260 NM SW...AND 540 NM 
NW QUADRANTS...WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT...AND N OF 58N BETWEEN 
144W AND 148W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N170W 976 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM NE...1080 NM SW...AND 480 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 37N179W 1001 MB. FROM 30N TO 37N BETWEEN 
173W AND 162E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N150W 982 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 1200 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 19 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 33N W OF 179E AREA OF NE TO E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 36N TO 42N 
BETWEEN 145W AND 160W. 

.HIGH 31N151W 1022 MB MOVING SE 30 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC THU OCT 21.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC FRI OCT 22.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT OCT 23.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N135W T0 25N140W MOVING E AT 20 KT.
N OF 29N WITHIN 120 NM E OF FRONT  SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST  WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 30N129W TO 26N135W. 
N OF 29N WITHIN 90 NM E OF FRONT  S TO SW WINDS 20 KT.  SEAS TO 
9 FT.  W OF FRONT  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 10 TO 11 FT IN 
NW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE NW OF LINE FROM 30N120W TO 13N140W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST  DISSIPATING FRONTAL TROUGH FROM 30N122W TO 
25N130W.  N OF 10N W OF 115W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS 9 FT.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 08N E OF 90W  SW WINDS 20 KT.  
SEAS TO 9 FT.  ELSEWHERE S OF 07N E OF 115W  WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT.  SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST  FROM 04N TO 08N E OF 95W  SW WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT IN SW SWELL.  ELSEWHERE S OF 10N E OF 110W  WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.48 HOUR FORECAST  WITHIN 90 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA 
N OF 28N  NW TO N WIND 20 KT.  SEAS TO 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA  WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT.  SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0900 UTC THU OCT 21...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N84W TO 08N140W. 
SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 120 NM S OF AXIS E OF 98W AND WITHIN 
120 NM N OF AXIS W OF 134W.

$$
.FORECASTER WALLY BARNES.  TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.