Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 05:40:14 -0500

703 
FZPN40 PHFO 211040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC THU OCT 21 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 21 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 22 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 23 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT NW OF AREA. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N 
OF 29N W OF 180E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N175E TO 28N160E. NE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 180 
NM S OF FRONT E OF 165E...AND OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 28N BETWEEN 
172W AND 175E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW JUST W OF AREA NEAR 20N158E 1006 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. S TO SE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 17N TO 23N W OF 164E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 14N TO 24N W OF 169E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED FAR W OF AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT 
OR LESS.  

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 28N140W TO 26N145W TO 27N153W TO 25N162W 
NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.  

.WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 20N150W TO 15N152W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 360 NM E OF TROUGH.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 28N167W TO 24N169W MOVING NW SLOWLY.

.HIGH 25N175W 1020 MB MOVING SE SLOWLY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 30N166W 
NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA N OF 22N E OF 149W...AND IN AREA N OF 20N 
BETWEEN 149W AND 169W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA FROM 17N TO 25N W OF 
165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA N OF 12N E OF 150W. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT IN AREA FROM 20N TO 28N BETWEEN 150W AND 154W...AND IN AREA 
FROM 20N TO 26N W OF 163E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA N OF 27N W OF 169W. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN AREA FROM 10N TO 20N E OF 151W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 08N TO 14N W OF 162E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 11N161W TO 08N180E TO 09N170E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 180 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 160W AND 
179E. ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.