Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:40:36 -0500

416 
FZPN01 KWBC 211540
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1745 UTC THU OCT 21 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

SECURITE 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 21 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 22 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 23. 

.WARNINGS. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 38N157W 1005 MB MOVING NE 30 KT AND RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 41N152W TO LOW TO 35N168W WINDS 
25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N141W 979 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 180 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 34N TO 48N BETWEEN 132W AND 148W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 16 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N132W 989 MB. WITHIN 300 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 17 TO 29 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE AND 420 NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 
10 TO 20 FT.

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW W OF AREA 35N157E 1007 MB MOVING E 55 KT AND INTENSIFYING. 
FROM 32N TO 37N W OF 164E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 38N173W 992 MB. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A 
FRONT FROM LOW TO 35N179E WINDS 35 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 38N BETWEEN 165W AND 170E WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N147W 970 MB. FROM 38N TO 47N BETWEEN 
142W AND 152W WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 32N TO 48N BETWEEN 138W AND 156W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 
TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 46N133W 998 MB MOVING N 10 KT. FROM 39N TO 50N BETWEEN 129W 
AND 138W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 52N135W 994 MB. FROM 46N TO 55N BETWEEN 
125W AND 137W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 57N143W 992 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N171W 980 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. FRONT EXTENDS FROM LOW 
CENTER TO 57N160W TO 52N149W TO 42N152W. WITHIN 660 NM SE...1200 
NM SW...AND 420 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 180 NM NE AND E OF FRONT WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N168W 975 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SE...1260 NM 
SW...AND 540 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N169W 977 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM NE...1080 NM SW...AND 480 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 19 FT.  

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 37N W OF 168E AREA OF NE TO E 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 33N W OF 180W AREA OF NE TO E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.DENSE FOG. 48 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 36N TO 44N BETWEEN 142W AND 150W. 

.HIGH 31N144W 1021 MB MOVING SE 20 KT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH S OF AREA. 

.FORECASTER BANKS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC THU OCT 21.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC FRI OCT 22.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC SAT OCT 23.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N133W T0 26N140W MOVING E AT 20 KT. NW OF 
LINE FROM 30N128W TO 22N140W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST WEAKENING COLD FRONT FROM 30N128W TO 27N135W. 
N OF 18N W OF LINE FROM 30N116W TO 18N132W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING FRONTAL TROUGH FROM 30N121W TO 
27N126W. N OF 18N BETWEEN 114W AND 132W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 18N W OF 132W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 18N W OF 128W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
9 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 02N TO 08N BETWEEN 79W AND 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 
FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 07N BETWEEN 90W AND 122W WINDS LESS THAN 20 
KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 07N BETWEEN 79W AND 100W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 08N E OF 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 09N BETWEEN 79W AND 97W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N E OF 108W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.42 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF W COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA N 
OF 28N NW TO N WIND 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LITTLE CHANGE.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 1500 UTC THU OCT 21...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 08N83W TO 09N115W TO 
09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 90 NM OF LINE FROM 07N79W TO 
11N89W. SCATTERED MODERATE WITHIN 60 NM EITHER SIDE OF AXIS 
BETWEEN 133W AND 138W.

$$
.FORECASTER HUFFMAN. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.