Subject: Pacific-NW: Tropical Depression (16w) Advisory Number 1

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 10:48:48 -0500

WTPQ32 PGUM 211548
TCPPQ2

BULLETIN
TROPICAL DEPRESSION (16W) ADVISORY NUMBER 1
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU WP162010
200 AM CHST FRI OCT 22 2010

...TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16W FORMS NORTHWEST OF THE MARIANAS...

NO WATCHES OR WARNINGS ARE IN EFFECT.

AT 100 AM CHST...1500Z...THE CENTER OF TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16W WAS 
LOCATED NEAR LATITUDE 17.2 DEGREES NORTH AND LONGITUDE 140.9 DEGREES 
EAST.

THIS IS ABOUT    350 MILES WEST-NORTHWEST OF SAIPAN AND
                 365 MILES NORTHWEST OF GUAM.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16W IS MOVING NORTHWESTWARD AT 5 MPH. AN 
INCREASE IN FORWARD SPEED AND A GRADUAL TURN TO THE WEST ARE 
EXPECTED DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS ARE 30 MPH. TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16W IS 
EXPECTED TO MAINTAIN THIS INTENSITY DURING THE NEXT 24 HOURS.

REPEATING THE 100 AM CHST POSITION...17.1 DEGREES NORTH LATITUDE AND 
140.9 DEGREES EAST LONGITUDE...MOVING NORTHWEST AT 5 MPH WITH 
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED WINDS OF 30 MPH.

THE NEXT SCHEDULED ADVISORY WILL BE ISSUED BY THE NATIONAL WEATHER 
SERVICE AT 8 AM CHST THIS MORNING. 

$$

WILLIAMS/MCELROY

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.