Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:40:11 -0500

490 
FZPN40 PHFO 211640
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1700 UTC THU OCT 21 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1200 UTC OCT 21 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 22 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1200 UTC OCT 23 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT JUST NW OF AREA. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN 
AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 164E AND 173W.
.42 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N173E TO 27N160E. NE WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF FRONT. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 180 
NM S OF FRONT E OF 164E...AND OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 27N BETWEEN 
176W AND 173E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N171E 1007 MB. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 30N178E... 
AND FROM LOW TO 26N160E. E TO NE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT OVER FORECAST 
WATERS N OF LOW AND FRONTS. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT WITHIN 180 NM S OF 
LOW AND FRONTS E OF 165E...AND OVER FORECAST WATERS N OF 26N BETWEEN 
173W AND 178E.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW JUST W OF AREA NEAR 21N157E 1007 MB MOVING NW 10 KT. S TO SE 
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA FROM 18N TO 25N W OF 163E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TO LOCALLY STRONG TSTMS IN AREA FROM 17N TO 25N W OF 163E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED FAR W OF AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT 
OR LESS. 

.FRONT FROM 25N140W TO 24N144W NEARLY STATIONARY.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 28N144W TO 26N161W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.  

.WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 19N151W TO 13N152W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM E OF TROUGH.

.WEAK TROUGH FROM 28N168W TO 23N169W MOVING NW SLOWLY.

.HIGH 26N177W 1021 MB MOVING SE SLOWLY. RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 
29N160E...AND FROM HIGH TO 27N173W MOVING S SLOWLY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.RIDGE FROM 30N151W TO 28N164W MOVING S SLOWLY.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA N OF 20N E OF 168W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA 
FROM 18N TO 26N W OF 165E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA N OF 11N E OF 152W...AND 
IN AREA N OF 29N BETWEEN 179W AND 172E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA FROM 
21N TO 27N W OF 164E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 13 FT IN AREA N OF 26N W OF 165W. SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT IN AREA FROM 09N TO 18N E OF 152W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 10N160W TO 09N171E. SCATTERED MODERATE TO 
STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 161W AND 180E. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS ELSEWHERE WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.