Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 13:37:37 -0500

796 
ATHW40 PHFO 211837
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1830 UTC THU OCT 21 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1800 UTC OCTOBER 21 2010

WATER VAPOR IMAGERY CONTINUES TO SHOW THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH NEAR 
THE SOUTH END OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE ASSOCIATED UPPER 
LEVEL LOW IS MORE THAN 2100 MILES NORTH NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU NEAR 
45.5N 134.2W. 

A BATCH OF LOW CLOUDS MOVED OVER OAHU ABOUT 6 HOURS AGO...AND THESE 
CLOUDS CONTINUE TO COVER MOST OF OAHU AT 8 AM. THE AREA OF CLOUDS 
EXTENDS ABOUT 25 MILES NORTH OF OAHU...AND ABOUT 85 MILES TO THE 
SOUTH. TO THE SOUTH OF OAHU...SOME OF THE CLOUD TOPS ARE REACHING 
NEAR 24000 FEET.

ASIDE FROM THE CLOUDS OVER OAHU...THE REMAINING ISLANDS HAVE JUST A 
FEW CLOUDS OVERHEAD. ON KAUAI...THE CLOUDS ARE OVER THE EASTERN 
THIRD OF THE ISLAND....WHILE ON MOLOKAI...THE CLOUDS ARE FORMING 
OVER HALAWA VALLEY ON THE EAST SIDE OF THE ISLANDS. LANAI HAS CLOUDS 
ALONG THE EAST FACING SLOPES. SIMILARLY ON MAUI THE CLOUDS ARE FOUND 
OVER THE EAST FACING SLOPES OF THE WEST MAUI MOUNTAINS AND THE EAST 
SLOPES OF HALEAKALA FROM HUELO TO HANA TO KIPAHULU. JUST A FEW 
CLOUDS ARE FOUND ON THE BIG ISLAND OVER THE PUNA DISTRICT NEAR CAPE 
KUMUKAHI.

HIGH CLOUDS ARE NOTED TO THE SOUTH OF THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS. THE 
HIGH CLOUDS ARE MOVING IN THE UPPER LEVEL WIND FLOW ON THE EAST AND 
SOUTH SIDE OF THE ABOVE MENTIONED UPPER LEVEL TROUGH. THE TROUGH IS 
ORIENTED ROUGHLY EAST TO WEST NEAR THE ISLANDS...WITH THE HIGH 
CLOUDS ABOUT 55 MILES SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND AT 8 AM. 

ITCZ THUNDERSTORM ACTIVITY IS NOTED SOUTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS THIS 
MORNING. THE THUNDERSTORMS ARE SOUTH OF 15N AND WEST OF 164W WITH 
TOPS REACHING NEAR 51000 FEET.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.