Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 16:44:08 -0500

638 
FZPN01 KWBC 212144
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
2345 UTC THU OCT 21 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 21 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 22 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 23. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 36N164E 1002 MB MOVING E 50 KT AND INTENSIFYING. FROM 31N 
TO 38N W OF 171E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 39N166W 985 MB. FRONT TO EXTEND FROM LOW 
TO 35N175W TO 31N173E. N OF 34N WITHIN 240 NM E OF FRONT WINDS 
40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 13 TO 19 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 30N TO 41N BETWEEN 
156W AND 174E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. ALSO FROM 41N 
TO 49N BETWEEN 175W AND 160E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N143W 961 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 18 TO 28 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
37N TO 48N BETWEEN 134W AND 149W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 
22 FT. ALSO FROM 32N TO 49N BETWEEN 130W AND 160W WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 

...STORM WARNING...
.LOW 39N152W 996 MB MOVING NE 30 KT AND INTENSIFYING. N OF 30N 
WITHIN 300 NM SE OF A FRONT FROM 44N146W TO LOW TO 33N166W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N144W 984 MB. FROM 38N TO 45N BETWEEN 
139W AND 147W WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N138W 973 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND S 
QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
34N TO 49N BETWEEN 126W AND 146W WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 10 TO 
20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. N OF 49N E OF 144W WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N133W 994 MB MOVING N 15 KT. FROM 40N TO 51N BETWEEN 125W 
AND 137W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N135W 992 MB. FROM 49N TO 56N E OF 137W 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DESCRIBED IN 
ABOVE STORM WARNING. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N172W 976 MB MOVING E 10 KT. N OF A LINE FROM 51N144W TO 
41N166W TO 43N160E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N167W 975 MB. WITHIN 300 NM OF LOW...AND 
N OF 52N BETWEEN 174W AND 173E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 11 TO 19 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N171W 977 MB. FROM 40N TO 59N BETWEEN 
160W AND 179E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 36N W OF 167E NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 
30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N W OF 170W NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 41N TO 49N W OF 172E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT.

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 35N TO 39N BETWEEN 162W AND 169W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.FORECASTER KELLS. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC THU OCT 21.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC FRI OCT 22.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC SAT OCT 23.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N130W T0 27N131W THEN WEAKENING TO 23N140W
MOVING E AT 20 KT. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST FAR NW. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N126W TO 26N132W
THEN DISSIPATING STATIONARY TO 24N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. SE OF FRONT TO LINE
FROM 30N118W TO 20N124W TO 18N126W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS
TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 18N BETWEEN 111W AND 
LINE FROM 30N128W TO 25N132W TO 19N140W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 17N W OF 124W NE WINDS TO 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 18N W OF 124W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST FAR W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 19N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
9 FT.

.FROM 02N TO 08N BETWEEN 80W AND 92W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 08N BETWEEN 80W AND 122W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 08N BETWEEN 79W AND 102W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 08N E OF 111W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 09N E OF 98W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS
8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N E OF 112W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.30 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA N OF 
26N NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA N OF
24N NW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 2115 UTC THU OCT 21...
.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 30 NM OF 11N90W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N85W TO 08N93W TO 
08N106W TO 09N119W TO 08N130W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED MODERATE 
WITHIN 30 NM OF AXIS BETWEEN 130W AND 132W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.