Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:10:04 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 212230
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS REISSUED/212230Z-220600ZOCT2010//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/211952ZOCT2010//
REF/B/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/211953ZOCT2010//
REF/C/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/211951ZOCT2010//
NARR/REFS A, B AND C ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 211800Z, TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16W (SIXTEEN) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 17.3N 139.8E, APPROXIMATELY 455 NM SOUTH OF IWO TO, AND HAD
TRACKED WESTWARD AT 10 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS GUSTING TO 35
KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN32 PGTW 212100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 211800Z, TROPICAL DEPRESSION 17W (SEVENTEEN) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 20.8N 156.0E, APPROXIMATELY 780 NM NORTHEAST OF
HAGATNA GUAM, AND HAD TRACKED WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS OVER
THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED
AT 30 KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTPN33 PGTW 212100) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) AT 211800Z, TYPHOON 15W (MEGI) WAS LOCATED NEAR 20.6N
117.9E, APPROXIMATELY 235 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF HONG KONG, AND HAD
TRACKED NORTH-NORTHEASTWARD AT 04 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 90 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 110 KNOTS. SEE REF C (WTPN31 PGTW 212100) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (4) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY:
      (1) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 19.2N
159.9E, IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA.
1.A.(2) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) THE AREA OF CONVECTION PREVIOUSLY LOCATED NEAR 17.0N
142.6E, IS NOW THE SUBJECT OF A TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNING. SEE PARA.
1.A.(1) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) NO OTHER SUSPECT AREAS.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
3. JUSTIFICATION FOR REISSUE: UPGRADED AREAS IN PARA 1.B.(1) AND
1.B.(2) TO WARNING STATUS.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.