Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 17:45:09 -0500

875 
FZPN40 PHFO 212245
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
2300 UTC THU OCT 21 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 1800 UTC OCT 21 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 22 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 1800 UTC OCT 23 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT JUST N OF AREA. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 
28N BETWEEN 170E AND 167W.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N160E 1006 MB. FRONT FROM LOW TO 30N177E. SW 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N W OF 179W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N164E 1005 MB. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 30N179E... 
AND FROM LOW TO 26N160E. NE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT OVER FORECAST WATERS 
NW OF LOW. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 30N170W TO 
25N172E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.LOW W OF AREA NEAR 21N156E 1006 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. S TO SE WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 18N AND 25N W OF 163E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS BETWEEN 15N AND 24N W OF 163E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED FAR W OF AREA. WINDS DIMINISHED TO 20 KT 
OR LESS. SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS. 

.FRONT FROM 25N140W TO 24N143W MOVING E SLOWLY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.

.WEAKENING FRONT FROM 28N148W TO 27N159W NEARLY STATIONARY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.  

.WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 19N151W TO 13N152W MOVING W SLOWLY. ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM E OF TROUGH.

.WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 28N167W TO 24N169W NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 16N155W TO 10N155W NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.HIGH 29N142W 1022 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 24N158W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED E OF AREA. 

.HIGH 26N176W 1020 MB MOVING SE SLOWLY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 30N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 16N E OF 160W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 10N AND 20N E OF 152W... 
AND N OF A LINE FROM 30N168W TO 28N172W TO 28N169E. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF 28N W OF 177E. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N157W TO 26N173W TO 26N160E. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT BETWEEN 10N AND 18N E OF 154W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 07N158W TO 10N171W TO 06N160E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 164W AND 179W. 
ELSEWHERE ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.