Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 19:39:10 -0500

380 
ATHW40 PHFO 220039
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC FRI OCT 22 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC OCTOBER 22 2010

LOW CLOUDS HAVE INCREASED OVER THE MAIN HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SINCE 
DAYBREAK...WHILE CLOUDS COVERAGE UPSTREAM OF THE ISLANDS HAS 
REMAINED THE SAME.

HIGH CLOUDS CONTINUE TO STREAM FROM WEST TO EAST ABOUT 75 MILES 
SOUTH OF THE BIG ISLAND DUE TO THE UPPER LEVEL WIND FLOW ON THE 
SOUTH AND EAST SIDE OF THE UPPER LEVEL TROUGH. THE UPPER LEVEL 
TROUGH THAT HAS LINGERED NEAR THE ISLANDS FOR THE PAST SEVERAL DAYS 
IS STILL NEAR THE ISLANDS AT 2 PM. THE ASSOCIATED UPPER LEVEL LOW 
HAS MOVED TO THE NORTHEAST OVER THE LAST SIX HOURS...AND IS ABOUT 
2300 MILES TO THE NORTH NORTHEAST OF HONOLULU AT 2 PM.

AS MENTIONED ABOVE...CLOUD COVERAGE HAS INCREASED OVER THE MAIN 
HAWAIIAN ISLANDS OVER THE LAST SIX HOURS...BUT CLOUDS DO NOT COVER 
AS MUCH OF THE ISLANDS AS THEY DID 24 HOURS AGO. JUST A FEW CLOUDS 
ARE FOUND OVER NIIHAU AND KAHOOLAWE THIS AFTERNOON. ON KAUAI... 
SCATTERED CLOUDS COVER MOST OF THE ISLAND. MEANWHILE CLOUDS ARE 
THICKEST OVER THE KOOLAU RANGE ON OAHU...BUT HAVE ALSO SPREAD INTO 
THE CENTRAL VALLEY AND OVER THE WAIANAE RANGE. SCATTERED CLOUDS ARE 
FOUND ACROSS MOLOKAI AND LANAI THIS AFTERNOON...AND OVER MOST OF THE 
WEST MAUI AND HALEAKALA SLOPES ON MAUI. ON THE BIG ISLAND BROKEN 
CLOUDS COVER MOST OF THE ISLAND. THE AREAS WITH THE FEWEST CLOUDS 
ARE THE EASTERN PORTION OF THE PUNA DISTRICT...AND THE COASTAL AREAS 
OF THE SOUTH KOHALA DISTRICT.

$$

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.