Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 22:40:21 -0500

407 
FZPN01 KWBC 220340
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC FRI OCT 22 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 22 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 23 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 24. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 36N171E 1002 MB MOVING NE 60 KT AND INTENSIFYING. FROM 30N 
TO 38N W OF 178E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 41N159W 981 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 480 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 1140 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.42 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N142W 962 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 14 TO 26 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N137W 958 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 55 TO 70 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM NE...540 NM SE...AND 360 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 
KT. SEAS 13 TO 25 FT. ALSO WITHIN 540 NM NE...780 NM SE...1140 
NM SW...AND 480 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 
FT. 
...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 42N147W 996 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 480 NM SE AND 900 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N141W 979 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 180 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 12 TO 19 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N136W 978 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
420 NM NE...660 NM SE...420 NM SW...AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 47N137W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 47N132W 988 MB MOVING NW 20 KT. FROM 43N TO 52N E OF 137W 
WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N133W 990 MB. WITHIN 180 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 47N137W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE.  

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N170W 976 MB MOVING E 05 KT. WITHIN 480 NM N...660 NM 
S...AND 1020 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N168W 974 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS 
WITHIN 240 NM NE...300 NM SE...1020 NM SW...AND 540 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N168W 978 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 32N TO 36N W OF 171E AREA OF NE TO E 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 14 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N W OF 171W AREA OF NE WINDS 25 
TO 40 KT. SEAS 10 TO 15 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.WITHIN 120 NM E OF A LINE FROM 54N154W TO 49N157W TO 40N166W 
WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 43N TO 49N W OF 172E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 11 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
FROM 36N TO 40N BETWEEN 155W AND 161W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 40N BETWEEN 123W AND 
131W. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC FRI OCT 22.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 23.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 24.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N129W T0 27N131W...THEN WEAKENING TO 23N140W
MOVING E AT 20 KT. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
12 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST FAR NW. WITHIN 120 NM SE OF FRONT 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N126W TO 26N132W
THEN DISSIPATING STATIONARY TO 24N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL. SE OF FRONT TO LINE
FROM 30N118W TO 20N124W TO 18N126W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS
TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 18N BETWEEN 111W AND 
LINE FROM 30N128W TO 25N132W TO 19N140W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.12 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 17N W OF 124W NE WINDS TO 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 18N W OF 124W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN NW SWELL...HIGHEST FAR W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 19N W OF 130W AND FROM 12N TO 19N 
BETWEEN 120W AND 130W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 FT.

.FROM 02N TO 08N BETWEEN 80W AND 92W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 08N BETWEEN 80W AND 122W WINDS LESS THAN 
20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 02N TO 08N BETWEEN 79W AND 102W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 08N E OF 111W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 03N TO 08N BETWEEN 81W AND 94W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N E OF 112W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 75 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA N OF 
26N NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA N OF
24N NW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0230 UTC FRI OCT 22...
.SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 30 NM OF 10N90W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS FROM 09N85W TO 08N98W
TO 08N108W TO 10N120W 09N120W TO 08N130W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 180 NM S OF AXIS E OF 85W.

$$
.FORECASTER AGUIRRE. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.