Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 23:45:18 -0500

599 
FZPN40 PHFO 220445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC FRI OCT 22 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 22 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 23 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 24 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW JUST W OF AREA NEAR 30N159E 1007 MB. FRONT 
JUST N OF AREA. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT IN AREA N OF 28N W OF 160W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N172E 1005 MB. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 30N176E... 
AND FROM LOW TO 26N160E. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT IN AREA N OF 27N W OF 
178E. WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE W OF A LINE FROM 30N171W TO 
25N176E. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.TROPICAL DEPRESSION 17W W OF AREA NEAR 21.1N155.5E 1000 MB MOVING 
NW 6 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS S TO SE WINDS 20 TO 25 KT AND SEAS 8 
TO 10 FT BETWEEN 20N AND 25N W OF 163E. SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS 
BETWEEN 19N AND 23N W OF 162W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST TROPICAL DEPRESSION 17W MOVED FAR W OF AREA. WINDS 
DIMINISHED TO 20 KT OR LESS. SEAS DIMINISHED TO 8 FT OR LESS. 

.DISSIPATING FRONT FROM 29N146W TO 27N157W MOVING N SLOWLY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED.  

.WEAKENING TROUGH FROM 29N168W TO 24N169W NEARLY STATIONARY. 

.HIGH 28N140W 1021 MB MOVING SE 15 KT. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 24N157W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH MOVED E OF AREA. 

.HIGH 25N175W 1018 MB MOVING SE SLOWLY. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 29N160E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH DISSIPATED. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 16N E OF 159W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 09N AND 20N E OF 152W... 
AND N OF 28N BETWEEN 165E AND 170W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 17 FT N OF 27N W OF 178E. SEAS 8 TO 12 
FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 30N156W TO 26N171W TO 26N160E. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT BETWEEN 10N AND 18N E OF 152W. 

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 07N159W TO 10N172W TO 06N160E. SCATTERED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM OF ITCZ BETWEEN 164W AND 179E. 
ELSEWHERE ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$

.FORECASTER BRAVENDER. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.