Subject: Pacific-NW: Subj/significant Tropical Weather Advisory For The Western And

From: SIU Weather Processor <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 00:52:09 -0500

ABPW10 PGTW 220600
MSGID/GENADMIN/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/JTWC//
SUBJ/SIGNIFICANT TROPICAL WEATHER ADVISORY FOR THE WESTERN AND
/SOUTH PACIFIC OCEANS/220600Z-230600ZOCT2010//
REF/A/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/220152ZOCT2010//
REF/B/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/220153ZOCT2010//
REF/C/MSG/NAVMARFCSTCEN PEARL HARBOR HI/220151ZOCT2010//
NARR/REFS A, B AND C ARE TROPICAL CYCLONE WARNINGS.//
RMKS/
1. WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC AREA (180 TO MALAY PENINSULA):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY:
      (1) AT 220000Z, TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16W (SIXTEEN) WAS LOCATED
NEAR 17.3N 139.1E, APPROXIMATELY 470 NM SOUTH-SOUTHWEST OF IWO TO,
AND HAD TRACKED WESTWARD AT 09 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS.
MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 25 KNOTS GUSTING
TO 35 KNOTS. SEE REF A (WTPN32 PGTW 220300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (2) AT 220000Z, TROPICAL DEPRESSION 17W (SEVENTEEN) WAS
LOCATED NEAR 21.1N 155.5E, APPROXIMATELY 760 NM NORTHEAST OF HAGATNA
GUAM, AND HAD TRACKED WEST-NORTHWESTWARD AT 06 KNOTS OVER THE PAST
SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 30
KNOTS GUSTING TO 40 KNOTS. SEE REF B (WTPN33 PGTW 220300) FOR
FURTHER DETAILS.
      (3) AT 220000Z, TYPHOON 15W (MEGI) WAS LOCATED NEAR 21.1N
118.2E, APPROXIMATELY 240 NM EAST-SOUTHEAST OF HONG KONG, AND HAD
TRACKED NORTHWARD AT 05 KNOTS OVER THE PAST SIX HOURS. MAXIMUM
SUSTAINED SURFACE WINDS WERE ESTIMATED AT 105 KNOTS GUSTING TO 130
KNOTS. SEE REF C (WTPN31 PGTW 220300) FOR FURTHER DETAILS.
      (4) NO OTHER TROPICAL CYCLONES.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.
2. SOUTH PACIFIC AREA (WEST COAST OF SOUTH AMERICA TO 135 EAST):
   A. TROPICAL CYCLONE SUMMARY: NONE.
   B. TROPICAL DISTURBANCE SUMMARY: NONE.//

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.