Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 04:42:53 -0500

192 
FZPN01 KWBC 220942
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC FRI OCT 22 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 22 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 23 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 24. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 37N180W 998 MB MOVING NE 55 KT AND INTENSIFYING. FROM 30N 
TO 38N BETWEEN 174W AND 164E WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 42N152W 976 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SE AND 300 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 10 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 360 NM NE...540 NM SE...1080 NM SW...AND 120 NM NW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 46N142W 964 MB. WITHIN 240 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 49N135W 954 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE...360 NM 
SE...AND 480 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 45 TO 60 KT. SEAS 18 TO 35 
FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM NE...780 NM SE...720 NM SW...AND 480 
NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 30 TO 45 KT. SEAS 12 TO 24 FT. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 43N143W 992 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 540 NM SE AND 780 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N141W 984 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SE AND 180 
NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 47N134W 986 MB. WITHIN 300 NM NE...600 NM 
SE...360 NM SW...AND 180 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 
11 TO 26 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 44N134W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 49N135W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 48N129W 990 MB MOVING NW 25 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS E OF A 
LINE FROM 53N137W TO 44N132W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 20 
FT...HIGHEST NEAR 46N130W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 56N138W 992 MB. WITHIN 90 NM NE QUADRANT 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 10 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 49N135W 
DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 54N170W 975 MB DRIFTING NE. OVER FORECAST WATERS WITHIN 540 
NM S...1200 NM SW...AND 540 NM NW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N168W 974 MB. WITHIN 240 NM N...300 NM 
E...960 NM S...AND 540 NM W QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 10 
TO 20 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 54N166W 983 MB. WITHIN 360 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 33N W OF 177W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 30N TO 34N W OF 170W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. 
SEAS 10 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 52N155W 993 MB MOVING NE 10 KT. WITHIN 120 NM E OF A FRONT 
FROM LOW CENTER TO 46N156W TO 40N163W WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
11 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS DIMINISHED. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 49N W OF 164E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS TO 10 FT. 

.DENSE FOG. 24 HOUR FORECAST VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM 
WITHIN 120 NM SE OF A LINE FROM 42N151W TO 37N155W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 34N TO 42N BETWEEN 123W AND 
133W. 

.FORECASTER BELL. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC FRI OCT 22.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SAT OCT 23.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN OCT 24.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.COLD FRONT FROM 30N127W T0 26N134W...THEN WEAKENING FRONT TO 
24N140W. NW OF FRONT WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT IN 
NW SWELL...HIGHEST FAR NW. WITHIN 210 NM SE OF FRONT WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST DISSIPATING COLD FRONT FROM 30N122W TO 25N130W 
THEN DISSIPATING STATIONARY FRONT TO 23N140W. WITHIN 240 NM NW 
OF FRONT WINDS LESS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL. 
SE OF FRONT TO 20N AND W OF 114W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT IN MERGING NW AND SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FRONT DISSIPATED. N OF 18N BETWEEN 111W AND 
LINE FROM 30N128W TO 25N132W TO 19N140W. WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 12N TO 17N W OF 132W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN MIXED 
NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 18N W OF 124W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 
20N TO 10N W OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN MERGING 
NW AND SW SWELL.  
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 19N W OF 128W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. 
SEAS 9 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL.

.FROM 03N TO 07N BETWEEN 80W AND 98W S TO SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 08N E OF 113W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 
8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 04N TO 08N BETWEEN 78W AND 97W S TO SW 
WINDS 20 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 08N E OF 110W WINDS 
LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 09N BETWEEN 85W AND 92W SW WINDS 
20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N E OF 110W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA N OF 
26N NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST WITHIN 90 NM OF COAST OF BAJA CALIFORNIA N OF
24N NW WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0830 UTC FRI OCT 22...
.SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG WITHIN 75 NM OF COAST BETWEEN 10N 
AND 13N.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED FROM 08N83W TO 
09N108W TO 12N122W TO 09N130W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED TO LOCALLY 
NUMEROUS MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION WITHIN 180 NM S OF 
AXIS E OF 94W.

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.