Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 05:40:10 -0500

547 
FZPN40 PHFO 221040
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC FRI OCT 22 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 22 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 23 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 24 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 30N160E 1005 MB. S TO SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT 
IN AREA N OF 25N W OF 170E. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 KT IN AREA N OF 28N 
BETWEEN 180E AND 170E.
.36 HOUR FORECAST LOW 28N164E 1004 MB. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 30N173E... 
AND FROM LOW TO 28N160E. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT IN AREA N OF 25N W OF 
172E...AND IN AREA N OF 26N BETWEEN 180E AND 172E. SW WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 172W AND 180E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 29N177E 1006 MB. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 30N178E... 
AND FROM LOW TO 24N160E. WINDS 25 TO 35 KT IN AREA N OF 24N W OF 
172E...AND IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 176W AND 172E. SW WINDS 20 TO 
25 KT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 170W AND 176W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.RIDGE FROM 27N140W TO 24N153W TO 25N176W TO 24N163E NEARLY 
STATIONARY. 

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA N OF 12N E OF 150W...AND IN AREA FROM 20N 
TO 26N W OF 163E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA FROM 20N TO 28N BETWEEN 
151W AND 157W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 8 TO 12 FT IN AREA N OF 27N BETWEEN 168W AND 
164E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN AREA FROM 24N TO 28N W OF 164E...IN AREA 
FROM 10N TO 18N E OF 153W...AND IN AREA FROM 10N TO 15N BETWEEN 
153W AND 159W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT IN AREA N OF 26N W OF 176E...AND 
IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 179W AND 176E. SEAS 8 TO 11 FT IN AREA N OF 
27N BETWEEN 166W AND 179W...AND ELSEWHERE IN AREA N OF 24N W OF 
179W. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN AREA N OF 28N BETWEEN 156W AND 166W...AND 
IN AREA FROM 10N TO 17N E OF 167W.

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 18N TO 24N W OF 162E...AND IN 
AREA FROM 05N TO 07N W OF 168E.

.ITCZ FROM 09N140W TO 07N149W TO 08N157W TO 11N180E TO 11N163E. 
SCATTERED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 240 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER HOUSTON. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.