Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 19:30:13 -0500

253 
ATHW40 PHFO 230030
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0030 UTC SAT OCT 23 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0000 UTC OCTOBER 23 2010

A WEAK HIGH PRESSURE CENTER LOCATED NEAR 25N 140W EXTENDS A RIDGE OF 
HIGH PRESSURE ALONG 25N ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC. SOUTH OF THE 
RIDGE...BETWEEN THE EQUATOR AND 20N...LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING 10 TO 
25 MPH TOWARD THE WEST. FROM 25N TO 30N...LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING 
TOWARD THE EAST AT 10 TO 20 MPH BETWEEN 140W TO 170W. FROM 170W TO 
THE DATELINE...LOW CLOUDS ARE MOVING 10 TO 20 MPH TOWARD THE 
NORTHEAST AS THE LOW LEVEL FLOW TURNS CLOCKWISE AROUND THE RIDGE. 
LOW CLOUD COVER IS SCATTERED ACROSS MOST OF THE AREA WITH SMALL 
PATCHES OF BROKEN CLOUD COVER.

IN THE UPPER LEVELS...THE POLAR AND SUBTROPICAL JET ARE DISPLAYING 
ZONAL...OR WEST TO EAST...FLOW ACROSS THE CENTRAL PACIFIC. THE POLAR 
JET IS CREATING A MASS OF LAYERED MID AND UPPER LEVEL CLOUDS 
COVERING THE AREA BETWEEN 33N AND 40N. THE SUBTROPICAL JET IS 
BRINGING A MUCH SMALLER AREA OF CIRRUS BETWEEN 150W AND 170W FROM 
13N TO 17N. 

OVER THE ISLANDS...AFTERNOON SEA BREEZES ARE BRINGING MOSTLY CLOUDY 
SKIES TO THE WESTERN HALF OF KAUAI...THE LEE SLOPES OF 
HALEAKALA...THE LEE SLOPES AND COAST OF THE BIG ISLAND ALONG WITH 
THE HAMAKUA COAST AND THE KAU DISTRICT. THE REST OF HAWAII/S SKIES 
ARE MOSTLY CLEAR TO PARTLY CLOUDY. 

FAR SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS...ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED WITHIN 
THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE BETWEEN 7N TO 12N BETWEEN 140W 
AND THE DATELINE. 

$$

MORRISON

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.