Subject: Western Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 22:02:07 -0500

347 
ATPQ40 PGUM 230302
SIMGUM

SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE TIYAN GU
100 PM CHST SAT OCT 23 2010

WESTERN NORTH PACIFIC BETWEEN EQUATOR AND 25N FROM 130E TO 180.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 16W IS CENTERED WELL WEST OF THE MARIANAS NEAR 
16N135E. TD 16W IS MOVING WEST-SOUTHWESTWARD AT 10 MPH WITH MAXIMUM 
SUSTAINED WINDS OF 30 MPH. SCATTERED TO NUMEROUS SHOWERS AND 
SCATTERED THUNDERSTORMS ARE FOUND WITHIN 160 MILES OF A LINE FROM 
13N133E TO 20N140E. CONVERGING WINDS SOUTH AND EAST OF 16W ARE 
GENERATING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS OVER YAP AND KOROR 
WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 5N130E TO 6N141E TO 16N142E TO 
7N130E BACK TO 5N130E. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION...REFER TO NATIONAL 
WEATHER SERVICE PUBLIC ADVISORIES ISSUED UNDER WMO HEADER WTPQ32 
PGUM AND JTWC BULLETINS ISSUED UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN32 PGTW.

TROPICAL DEPRESSION 17W IS CENTERED NORTHEAST OF THE CNMI AT 
22N154E. TD 17W IS MOVING NORTHEASTWARD AT 5 MPH WITH MAXIMUM 
SUSTAINED WINDS OF 35 MPH. SCATTERED SHOWERS AND ISOLATED 
THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED SOUTHWEST OF MINAMI TORI SHIMA WITHIN 100 
MILES OF A LINE FROM 19N149E TO 22N153E. FOR FURTHER INFORMATION... 
REFER TO NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE PUBLIC ADVISORIES ISSUED UNDER WMO 
HEADER WTPQ33 PGUM AND JTWC BULLETINS ISSUED UNDER WMO HEADER WTPN33 
PGTW.

A SURFACE TROUGH STRETCHES NORTHEASTWARD FROM 4N154E TO 11N161E. 
SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW THUNDERSTORMS ARE LOCATED JUST EAST OF 
CHUUK AND OVER POHNPEI WITHIN AN AREA BOUNDED BY A LINE FROM 3N152E 
TO 4N161E TO 10N164E TO 13N156E BACK TO 3N152E.

TRADE-WIND CONVERGENCE IS PRODUCING SCATTERED SHOWERS AND A FEW 
THUNDERSTORMS OVER THE NORTHERN MARSHALL ISLANDS BETWEEN 6N AND 16N 
FROM 168E TO THE DATE LINE.

$$

W. AYDLETT

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.