Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:12:20 -0500

146 
FZPN01 KWBC 230412
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
0545 UTC SAT OCT 23 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 23 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 24 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 41N155W 983 MB MOVING NE 35 KT WHILE RAPIDLY INTENSIFYING. 
OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF A LINE FROM 42N150W TO 38N163W TO 
33N177W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.12 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N145W 972 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW AND 300 
NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N138W 958 MB. WITHIN 180 NM SW QUADRANT 
WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 18 TO 30 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 300 NM SW 
AND 180 NM E QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 24 FT. ALSO 
WITHIN 300 NM N SEMICIRCLE...FROM 34N TO 55N BETWEEN 126W AND 
150W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N133W 968 MB. WITHIN 540 NM S AND 420 NM 
SW QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 22 TO 40 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
47N131W. ELSEWHERE FROM 39N TO 54N BETWEEN 125W AND 145W WINDS 
25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 15 TO 30 FT...HIGHEST S OF THE LOW CENTER. 

...STORM WARNING... 
.LOW 45N134W 983 MB MOVING NE 20 KT. WITHIN 180 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
37N TO 48N BETWEEN 125W AND 139W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED. CONDITIONS DESCRIBED WITH LOW 
48N138W ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 56N169W 976 MB MOVING SE 05 KT. N OF 52N BETWEEN 174W AND 
178E N TO NW WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 21 FT. ELSEWHERE 
WITHIN 300 NM N AND NE...600 NM W AND 840 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 
TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N166W 980 MB. WITHIN 480 NM SW 
SEMICIRCLE AND BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM NE QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 
35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N160W 988 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED 
ABOVE...WITHIN 480 NM SW AND 540 NM SE QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.COMPLEX LOW WITH MEAN POSITION 32N165E 1006 MB MOVING E 25 KT. 
FROM 32N TO 35N BETWEEN 160E AND 168E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 14 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N178E 1005 MB. FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 
169W AND 160E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 35N161W 1012 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 
A LINE FROM 38N161W TO 33N176W TO 32N160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 14 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 40N TO 47N BETWEEN 177E AND 166E NW WINDS 
20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N166W 1006 MB. FROM 39N TO 44N 
BETWEEN 164W AND 172W WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 13 FT.

...GALE WARNING... 
.36 HOUR FORECAST FROM 43N TO 49N BETWEEN 160E AND 165E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N167E 990 MB. WITHIN 240 NM NE AND 540 
NM S AND SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.LOW 54N136W 994 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 120 NM OF LOW EXCEPT 
180 NM SE QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 59N143W 994 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NE 
SEMICIRCLE WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED AND CONDITIONS DIMINISHED.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM FROM 35N TO 40N 
BETWEEN 154W AND 159W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 35N TO 39N BETWEEN 124W AND 
130W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 32N TO 36N BETWEEN 122W AND 
126W. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 37N169E 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC SAT OCT 23.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC SUN OCT 24.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC MON OCT 25.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 11N TO 14N W OF 130W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 10 FT IN 
MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 10N W OF 115W 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 17N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE N OF 
06N W OF 120W...EXCEPT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N125W TO 20N140W... 
WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 18N W OF 125W NE WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 10 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. ELSEWHERE FROM 
10N TO 20N W OF 105W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN NW 
SWELL.

.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 22N E OF 115W NW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N E OF 118W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT.

.LOW 10N89W 1009 MB. S OF 10N E OF 115W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N89W 1008 MB. FROM 06N TO 09N BETWEEN 
85W AND 95W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 15N 
E OF 120W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 11N88W 1008 MB. FROM 06N TO 10N BETWEEN 
85W AND 92W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 9 TO 10 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N 
E OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0300 UTC SAT OCT 23...

.LOW 10N89W 1009 MB. SCATTERED MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG WITHIN 
180 NM OF CENTER.

.TROUGH FROM 10N133W TO 06N137W. ISOLATED MODERATE FROM 07N TO 
10N BETWEEN 131W AND 137W.

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED FROM 11N86W TO 
08N94W TO 10N104W TO 08N112W TO 11N127W TO 08N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE CONVECTION WITHIN 120 NM S OF AXIS E OF 88W. 

$$
.FORECASTER LANDSEA. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.