Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 23:45:09 -0500

968 
FZPN40 PHFO 230445
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT OCT 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0000 UTC OCT 23 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 24 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0000 UTC OCT 25 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT JUST NW OF AREA MOVING SSE SLOWLY. TROUGH FROM 30N165E 
TO 26N160E NEARLY STATIONARY. SW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF 27N BETWEEN 
TROUGH AND 170W. SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 150 NM SE 
OF TROUGH. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 28N171E 1007 MB. FRONTS FROM LOW TO 
30N177E...AND FROM LOW TO 26N160E. NE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT N OF FRONTS. 
SW WINDS 25 TO 35 KT WITHIN 210 NM S OF FRONTS E OF 168E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW MOVED N OF AREA. FRONT FROM 30N173W TO 25N174E 
TO 24N160E. NE TO E WINDS 25 TO 35 KT IN AREA N OF FRONT. SW WINDS 
20 TO 25 KT WITHIN 120 NM S OF FRONT E OF 175W. 

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.HIGH JUST E OF AREA NEAR 24N136W 1020 MB. RIDGE FROM 24N140W TO 
24N160W TO 24N180W TO 19N160E MOVING S SLOWLY. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 24N140W 1020 MB. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 24N160W 
TO 18N160E. NE TO E WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF 158W BETWEEN 13N AND 19N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 28N145W 1023 MB. RIDGE FROM HIGH TO 
28N140W...AND FROM HIGH TO 26N160W TO 18N170E TO 19N160E. NE TO E   
WINDS 20 TO 25 KT E OF 163W BETWEEN 11N AND 19N.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.SEAS 8 TO 12 FT N OF 28N BETWEEN 171W AND 166E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N177W TO 
27N170E TO 27N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N160W TO 27N180W TO 25N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF 152W BETWEEN 10N 
AND 17N.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 15 FT N OF A LINE FROM 30N173W TO 
25N177E TO 25N160E. SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
30N150W TO 25N180W TO 22N160E. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT E OF 165W BETWEEN 10N 
AND 18N.  

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS OVER REMAINDER OF AREA.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS IN AREA FROM 18N TO 11N BETWEEN 175E AND 
172W.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N159W TO 06N172W TO 12N164E TO 11N160E. 
ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 210 NM OF ITCZ. 

$$
.FORECASTER BRENCHLEY. HONOLULU HI.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.