Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 00:00:14 -0500

840 
ATHW40 PHFO 230500
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
0500 UTC SAT OCT 23 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 0430 UTC OCTOBER 23 2010

CONVECTIVE LOW CLOUDS HAVE BEEN DISSIPATING IN THE ALOHA STATE OVER 
THE PAST FEW HOURS.  AS OF BULLETIN TIME...HOWEVER...LOW CEILINGS... 
SOME WITH EMBEDDED SHOWERS...STILL REMAIN OVER THE WESTERN AREAS OF 
KAUAI AND OAHU...THE WEST-FACING SLOPES OF HALEAKALA IN EAST MAUI... 
AND COASTAL AND UPSLOPE SECTIONS OF KAU...KONA...AND SOUTH KOHALA ON 
THE BIG ISLAND.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST NEAR 10 MPH 
ACROSS THE ISLAND CHAIN.

EXCEPT FOR SMALL AREAS OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS NORTHWEST OF 
NIIHAU...NORTH OF KAUAI...WEST OF OAHU...AND WEST AND SOUTHWEST OF 
THE BIG ISLAND...SKIES ARE NEARLY CLEAR OVER THE ADJACENT COASTAL 
WATERS.

UPPER LEVEL DIFFLUENCE FAR SOUTHWEST OF THE ISLANDS IS INDUCING 
SHOWERS AND ISOLATED THUNDERSTORMS.  MOST OF THE ACTIVITY IS 
OCCURRING FROM 10N TO 19N WEST OF 170W.  A WEAK JET STREAM PASSING 
SOUTH OF HAWAII IS GENERATING HIGH CLOUDINESS...AND CARRYING SOME OF 
THE HIGH-CLOUD DEBRIS FROM THE CONVECTION FAR SOUTHWEST OF THE STATE 
AS WELL.  MOST OF THESE CLOUDS EXIST FROM 13N TO 17.5N BETWEEN 150W 
AND 174W.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS ARE FIRING ALONG THE 
INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE FAR SOUTH OF THE ISLANDS.  MOST OF 
THE CONVECTION IS LOCATED FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 131W AND 168W.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.