Subject: North Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 04:34:48 -0500

927 
FZPN01 KWBC 230934
HSFEP1

HIGH SEAS FORECAST 
NWS OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER WASHINGTON DC 
1145 UTC SAT OCT 23 2010 

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS 

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE 
HEIGHT OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY 
BE MORE THAN TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT. 

PAN PAN 

PACIFIC N OF 30N AND S OF 67N E OF A LINE FROM BERING STRAIT 
TO 50N 160E 

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 23 
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 24 
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 25. 

.WARNINGS. 

...HURRICANE FORCE WIND WARNING... 
.LOW 42N150W 980 MB MOVING NE 30 KT. OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF A 
LINE FROM 44N145W TO 42N153W TO 36N160W TO 32N174W WINDS 25 TO 
40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. 
.06 HOUR FORECAST LOW 45N145W 974 MB. FROM 39N TO 45N BETWEEN 
140W AND 148W WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. SEAS 11 TO 22 FT.
.18 HOUR FORECAST LOW 48N137W 961 MB. WITHIN 240 NM S QUADRANT 
WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 14 TO 27 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 50N135W 957 MB. FROM 44N TO 48N BETWEEN 
131W AND 141W WINDS 50 TO 65 KT. SEAS 18 TO 32 FT. ALSO WITHIN 
240 NM NE...300 NM SE AND 480 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 35 TO 50 KT. 
SEAS 14 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 540 NM NW...420 NM NE...660 
NM NE AND 600 NM SW QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N131W 975 MB. WITHIN 420 NM S AND SW 
QUADRANTS WINDS 40 TO 55 KT. SEAS 21 TO 40 FT...HIGHEST NEAR 
48N130W. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 600 NM S SEMICIRCLE WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. 
SEAS 15 TO 30 FT...HIGHEST S OF THE LOW CENTER. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 46N132W 988 MB MOVING N 20 KT. WITHIN 240 NM S AND 300 NM E 
QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 13 TO 26 FT. ELSEWHERE FROM 
35N TO 48N BETWEEN 124W AND 136W WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW AND ASSOCIATED CONDITIONS ABSORBED BY LOW 
50N135W DESCRIBED ABOVE. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 55N170W 976 MB MOVING SE 10 KT. BETWEEN 180 NM AND 420 NM W 
QUADRANT WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 12 TO 22 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
300 NM N AND NE...540 NM W AND 900 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 20 TO 30 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 53N164W 983 MB. WITHIN 420 NM W AND 480 NM 
S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 9 TO 18 FT. ELSEWHERE WITHIN 
720 NM W AND S QUADRANTS WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 55N153W 989 MB. EXCEPT WHERE NOTED IN 
PARAGRAPH 1 ABOVE...WITHIN 300 NM SW AND 420 NM SE QUADRANTS 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS 8 TO 17 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.LOW 31N174E 1004 MB MOVING E 20 KT. FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 
160E AND 173W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 8 TO 16 FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW 30N178W 1007 MB. FROM 30N TO 34N BETWEEN 
162W AND 160E WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS 8 TO 15 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 36N157W 1013 MB. OVER FORECAST WATERS S OF 
A LINE FROM 38N154W TO 33N174W TO 32N160E WINDS TO 25 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 13 FT. 

...GALE WARNING...
.LOW 55N138W 995 MB MOVING NW 15 KT. WITHIN 180 NM NE SEMICIRCLE 
WINDS 25 TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.  
.24 HOUR FORECAST LOW DISSIPATED.

...GALE WARNING... 
.FROM 43N TO 49N BETWEEN 160E AND 166E AREA OF W TO NW WINDS TO 
25 KT. SEAS TO 9 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 43N179W 1010 MB. FROM 38N TO 46N 
BETWEEN 180W AND 169E AREA OF NW WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 12 
FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 44N163W 1007 MB. FROM 39N TO 45N BETWEEN 
161W AND 169W WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 15 FT. 

...GALE WARNING... 
.30 HOUR FORECAST FROM 42N TO 49N BETWEEN 160E AND 165E WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT. SEAS TO 12 FT. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST LOW 51N171E 989 MB. WITHIN 120 NM NE...240 NM 
SW AND 480 NM S QUADRANTS WINDS 25 TO 40 KT. SEAS 9 TO 17 FT. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 39N TO 53N BETWEEN 177W AND 162E WINDS TO 25 KT. 
SEAS TO 12 FT.  

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.48 HOUR FORECAST NEW LOW 58N162W 988 MB. WITHIN 540 NM SW 
QUADRANT WINDS 20 TO 30 KT. SEAS TO 11 FT.

.DENSE FOG. VSBY OCCASIONALLY LESS THAN 1 NM WITHIN 180 NM SE OF 
A LINE FROM 42N150W TO 36N156W. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST DENSE FOG FROM 34N TO 43N BETWEEN 124W AND 
131W. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST CONDITIONS IMPROVING. 

.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 38N160E 1024 MB. 
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 36N171E 1026 MB. 

.FORECASTER KOSIER. OCEAN PREDICTION CENTER. 

TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER MIAMI FL
E PACIFIC FROM THE EQUATOR TO 30N E OF 140W

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC SAT OCT 23.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC SUN OCT 24.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC MON OCT 25.

.WARNINGS.

.NONE.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST.

.FROM 09N TO 14N W OF 131W NE TO E WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND MERGING  NW AND S SWELL. ELSEWHERE 
FROM 13N TO 20N W OF 121W NE TO E WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT 
PRIMARILY IN NW SWELL. N OF 19N BETWEEN 114W AND 137W WINDS LESS 
THAN 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 10N TO 20N W OF 126W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE N OF 06N W OF 110W...EXCEPT NW OF A LINE FROM 30N125W 
TO 20N140W... WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN NW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 11N TO 21N W OF 126W NE WINDS 20 TO 25 
KT. SEAS 8 TO 9 FT IN MIXED NE WIND WAVES AND NW SWELL. 
ELSEWHERE FROM 0N TO 17N W OF 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT IN NW SWELL.

.FROM 06N TO 08.5N BETWEEN 86W AND 94W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 TO 
9 FT IN MIXED SW WIND WAVES AND SW SWELL. ELSEWHERE S OF 09N E 
OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.
.24 HOUR FORECAST FROM 06N TO 09N E OF 90W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 11N E OF 100W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS 8 
TO 9 FT IN SW SWELL.
.48 HOUR FORECAST FROM 05N TO 09N E OF 92W SW WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
8 TO 9 FT. ELSEWHERE S OF 10N E OF 110W WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. 
SEAS 8 FT IN SW SWELL.

.N OF 23N E OF  116W NW TO N WINDS TO 20 KT. SEAS TO 8 FT.
.24 HOUR FORECAST N OF 24N E OF 116W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 
TO 8 FT.
.48 HOUR FORECAST N OF 25N E OF 117W NW TO N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS 8 
FT.

.GULF OF TEHUANTEPEC N OF 15N N WINDS 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 
FT. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.REMAINDER OF AREA WINDS LESS THAN 20 KT. SEAS LESS THAN 8 FT.

.CONVECTION VALID AS OF 0830 UTC SAT OCT 23...

.INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE...AXIS ANALYZED FROM 11N86W TO 
09N93W TO 10N104W TO 08N115W TO 10N127W TO 09N140W. SCATTERED 
MODERATE ISOLATED STRONG CONVECTION S OF AXIS  TO 07N E OF 95W. 

$$
.FORECASTER STRIPLING. TROPICAL PREDICTION CENTER.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.