Subject: Central Pacific: High Seas Analysis

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 05:48:14 -0500

275 
FZPN40 PHFO 231048
HSFNP 

HIGH SEAS FORECAST
NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE HONOLULU HI
1100 UTC SAT OCT 23 2010

SUPERSEDED BY NEXT ISSUANCE IN 6 HOURS

SEAS GIVEN AS SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT...WHICH IS THE AVERAGE HEIGHT
OF THE HIGHEST 1/3 OF THE WAVES. INDIVIDUAL WAVES MAY BE MORE THAN
TWICE THE SIGNIFICANT WAVE HEIGHT.

THIS HIGH SEAS FORECAST USES 1-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS WHICH MAY BE
HIGHER THAN 10-MINUTE AVERAGE WINDS.

SECURITE

NORTH PACIFIC EQUATOR TO 30N BETWEEN 140W AND 160E

SYNOPSIS VALID 0600 UTC OCT 23 2010.
24 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 24 2010.
48 HOUR FORECAST VALID 0600 UTC OCT 25 2010.

.WARNINGS.

...GALE WARNING...
.COLD FRONT ENTERING AREA AT 30N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT N OF A LINE 
FROM 26N162E TO 28N180W.  SCATTERED MODERATE TO STRONG TSTMS WITHIN 
120 NM OF A LINE FROM 30N170E TO 26N163E.
.12 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N175E TO 27N160E.  WINDS 25 TO 35 KT 
N OF THE FRONT.  WINDS 20 TO 25 KT ELSEWHERE N OF 26N BETWEEN 172W 
AND 170E. 
.24 HOUR FORECAST FRONT FROM 30N180W TO 26N170E TO 25N160E. WINDS 25 
TO 35 KT N OF THE FRONT.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE 
FROM 27N174W TO 25N160E.
.48 HOUR FORECAST 30N169W TO 28N178W TO 24N175E TO 23N168E TO 
25N160E.  WINDS 20 TO 30 KT N OF THE FRONT.

.SYNOPSIS AND FORECAST. 

.HIGH 24N148W 1021MB MOVING W 15 KT.  RIDGES FROM HIGH TO 24N140W 
AND FROM HIGH TO 25N173W TO 19N160E.
.24 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 24N142W 1023MB.
.48 HOUR FORECAST HIGH 29N140W 1025MB.

.OTHERWISE...WINDS 20 KT OR LESS.

.SEAS 8 TO 13 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 30N156W.  SEAS 8 TO 10 
FT E OF A LINE FROM 21N140W TO 08N172W.
.24 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 16 FT N OF A LINE FROM 25N160E TO 
27N180E TO 30N173W.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
23N160E TO 30N140W.  SEAS 8 TO 9 FT BETWEEN 09N AND 16N E OF 
167W.
.48 HOUR FORECAST SEAS 12 TO 14 FT WITHIN 120 NM OF A LINE FROM 
30N174W TO 25N170E.  SEAS 8 TO 12 FT ELSEWHERE N OF A LINE FROM 
20N160E TO 22N180W TO 30N160W.  SEAS 8 TO 10 FT BETWEEN 08N AND 19N 
E OF 170W.  

.OTHERWISE...SEAS 8 FT OR LESS.

.ISOLATED MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN AREA BOUNDED BY 11N160E 16N180W 
08N180E 05N160E 11N160E.

.ITCZ FROM 08N140W TO 09N153W TO 05N172W TO 07N179W.  ISOLATED 
MODERATE TSTMS WITHIN 90 NM OF THE ITCZ MAINLY E OF 167W. 

$$
.HONOLULU.

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.