Subject: Central Pacific: Satellite Interpretation Message

From: LDM Weather <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 23 Oct 2010 07:00:14 -0500

622 
ATHW40 PHFO 231200
SIMHI 

HAWAIIAN ISLANDS SATELLITE INTERPRETATION MESSAGE
NWS CENTRAL PACIFIC HURRICANE CENTER HONOLULU HI
1200 UTC SAT OCT 23 2010

BASED ON DATA THROUGH 1130 UTC OCTOBER 23 2010

SKIES ARE PREDOMINANTLY CLEAR OVER THE ALOHA STATE THIS EARLY 
MORNING.  ON THE OTHER HAND...BROKEN LOW CLOUDS AND SHOWERS HAVE 
RECENTLY BEEN AFFECTING WINDWARD COASTAL AND WINDWARD UPSLOPE AREAS 
OF EAST MAUI...AND COASTAL SECTIONS OF NORTH AND SOUTH KONA ON THE 
BIG ISLAND.  LOW CLOUD MOTION IS FROM THE EAST STATEWIDE...NEAR 15 
MPH JUST EAST OF THE BIG ISLAND AND SLOWING TO 10 MPH MOVING UP THE 
CHAIN TO KAUAI.

A THIN NORTH-TO-SOUTH ORIENTED LINE OF SHOWERS IS ABOUT TO MAKE 
LANDFALL OVER THE PUNA DISTRICT ON THE BIG ISLAND...WHILE LOW 
CEILINGS AND SHOWERS ARE MORE PREVALENT JUST WEST OF THE ISLE.  
SMALL AREAS OF BROKEN LOW CLOUDINESS AND SHOWERS EXIST SOUTHWEST OF 
MAUI COUNTY AND OAHU...AND SOUTH OF KAUAI.  ELSEWHERE CONDITIONS ARE 
CLEAR IN THE ADJACENT COASTAL WATERS.

UPPER AIR DIFFLUENCE HAS DECREASED FAR SOUTHWEST OF KAUAI SINCE LAST 
EVENING.  MOST OF THE SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS THAT HAD BEEN FIRING 
BETWEEN 170W AND THE DATE LINE HAVE THUS DISSIPATED...THOUGH AN 
UPPER LOW CONTINUES TO INDUCE CONVECTION WEST OF THE DATE LINE.  
MOST OF THE HIGH CLOUDINESS THAT HAD BEEN WIDESPREAD SOUTH OF THE 
ISLANDS SEVEN HOURS AGO HAS ALSO DISSIPATED.

UNORGANIZED SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS CONTINUE TO IGNITE FAR SOUTH 
OF HAWAII ALONG THE INTERTROPICAL CONVERGENCE ZONE.  MOST OF THE 
ACTIVITY IS FOUND FROM 07N TO 10N BETWEEN 132W AND 165W...AND FROM 
06N TO 07.5N BETWEEN 168W AND 178W.  SOME OF THE CELLS WITHIN 75 
MILES OF 08.5N146.5W...OR 1165 MILES SOUTHEAST OF HONOLULU...ARE 
RISING TO 50 THOUSAND FEET.

$$

KINEL

+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+
To unsubscribe from WX-TROPL send e-mail to [email-masked] with
"unsub wx-tropl" in the body of your message. For help with WX-TROPL
write to [email-masked]. For more information on tropical weather products, see the NHC Homepage at http://www.nhc.noaa.gov.